How to build Replacement Troops?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

AlbertN

How to build Replacement Troops?

Post by AlbertN »

Greetings,

It seems I cannot build Replacement Troops. There is a dedicated button, but when I get there to the 'Produce' button - that one is grayed and refers to some slider that should not be at 0.

I am clueless of where this Slider is.

Admittedly I'd truly appreciate a Tutorial in game, as it is now, the game is hardly playable from my perspective when I need to spend lots of time to find what I need around - IF - I manage to find it.
Jdane

RE: How to build Replacement Troops?

Post by Jdane »

Providing a screen capture could have proven useful.

Did you call the Repl. Troops order from a front line unit, by any chance ?
If that's the case, it very well might be that you didn't have enough logistical points left to ferry the replacements from the SHQ where they are produced to the actual unit. (Because the initial allotment of logistical points has been consumed while sending supplies for example.)

A more sure proof way would be to call the Repl. Troops order from the SHQ and produce the troops there. Then, while the end of turn calculations are processed, the SHQ will try and send replacements to the units which made a request for it. You'll obviously have to ensure the logistics are up to the task.

Admittedly, there's a significant learning curve. Perusing chapter 4 of the manual, and browsing through the GUI following its description in chapter 3 are the next best thing to a tutorial. And there's also Das Tactics' video tutorials series on a famous video sharing platform. Even if you don't watch the entirety of it, there's a short section in the beginning of each called « Rule of thumb » that can at least get you started on a topic.
Munashe

Post by Munashe »

If you don't have the resources to produce at least one of the model you selected, the slider won't show up. Does that solve your problem?
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

I've the resources.
The SHQ can produce them BUT they just go ... where?

If I try to produce on the individual units - despite having the resources it seems I cannot produce any.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

ORIGINAL: Cohen_slith
The SHQ can produce them BUT they just go ... where?

If I try to produce on the individual units - despite having the resources it seems I cannot produce any.
When you first produce them, they go to SHQ, were they will be used as replacement for losses.

To create a new unit, you need to go to the "Raise Formation" screen, where additional resources are necessary, perhaps you don't have enough of those?
Jdane

Post by Jdane »

Please try and show us a picture, in order to allow us to try and better help.
AlbertN

Post by AlbertN »

Here is the picture!
That troops is 2 hexes away from the capital!

Attachments
ShadowEmpire1.jpg
ShadowEmpire1.jpg (199.6 KiB) Viewed 372 times
Jdane

Post by Jdane »

What does the Current Points logistics map filter say about that hex?
Because according to the text, there seem to be 0 logistics points available there.
(« Maximum production is 0 due to limited amount of 0 Logistical Points available. »)
It looks like there were not enough Logistical Points allotted there to have any left when it came to try and send troops there.
W8taminute

Post by W8taminute »

Which means he's got a hex selected out in the middle of nowhere. Try selecting the capital city, or the city where the SHQ is located, and perform the 'Replace Troops' command again.

Edit: I just noticed in his screenshot that the hex he has selected is indeed not in the city where the SHQ is located. There also doesn't seem to be any 'current' logistic points available there.
Forgive me my old friend...but I must use all my experience, to get home.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Do not use the lower replace button. It does not work. I have no idea what it is even supposed to do. I think it may only work on the OHQ, but I am not even sure it works then.

Use the upper one, just under "1st SHQ". Repalcements will appear in teh SHQ and get to units using the Logistics System
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Ok he is trying to produce troops in a single unit, as I understand it you can not do that, you must recruit from cities then build troops in SHQ and then they transfer to understrength units if with in the logisitic network.
Favoritism is alive and well here.

Return to “Shadow Empire”