Sentinel Map is displayed low res!

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Anwer

Sentinel Map is displayed low res!

Post by Anwer »

Hi, i have the problem, that the Sentinel map is looking washed. It worked well sometimes ago and it seems to work well from time to time, dont know why.

Also it is displayed in beautifull 4 K then after a few secs it gets washed and low res. Everytime i zoom in or out the same happens, short 4k then low res and staying like that. Really sad.

Any idea what i can do?
Anwer

RE: Sentinel Map is displayed low res!

Post by Anwer »

It such a great simulation, but cant really enjoy like that at the moment! I don t think that is normal is it??

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Hi,

Can you show a screenshot (and specify the region / coordinates) so that we can understand what you are seeing. Thanks.
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

it was some hard work and i hope the pics are displayed the same as my pc and TV is diplaying them! It s the only game/sim this is happening! I have many other slitherine/matrix sims and this never occured!!

I use a LG TV . its set to 3840 x 2160 all games etc. work fine in that resolution. i need to convert the pictures.. cant load them up it s png.

in this 2 pic u can see:

Screenshot 1: after i zoom out, the sentinel map is displayed high res n very sharp

Screenshot 2: after few seconds the sentinel map becomes kind of washed and low res

i tried on other smaller HD monitor , ther u almost cant see it, but on my 55" TV with the res 3830 x 2160 makes a big difference!

i also opened thread with Tacview problems, " Enemy ground units and buildings arnt diplayed in Tacview ( they did when i got the game) and enemy ground units are displayed " underground" under the surface (earth, ground) like an submarine under the surface of the water!!!!! i would love to fix those 2 issues to fully enjoy this great SIM!!!!
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Not seeing anything. Can you try posting the screenshot again ?
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

Hi, i ll load screenshot up soon!!!!

SO you think if i downloaded the Sentinel Map i could use it for Command too? not only for Tacview, and d it be possible to run better??? I just looked at many videos... the map looks so great there!!!! Really sad!!!! I play in 4k and every game runs normal , only the map of Command not......

Really tried everything...... sometimes it seemed to work, but wasnt really, i d say it s like the map is displayed well in hegh res... 4k or so... after a few secs the it s like 640 x 480.......
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

Is it possible to upload small video? there u can see what happens!!!!! I ve tried a few hundred times ..... it s really sad....

Attachments
Screenshot (4).jpg
Screenshot (4).jpg (79.87 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

1.st picture, zoomed in, quite low res eventhough waited, and settings are in 4k

Attachments
Screenshot7.jpg
Screenshot7.jpg (679.41 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

wow, lol. , quite a trip to upload something here

Attachments
Screenshot (8).jpg
Screenshot (8).jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 120 times
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

ok last pic

Attachments
Screenshot9.jpg
Screenshot9.jpg (468.47 KiB) Viewed 119 times
Anwer

Post by Anwer »

So , i ll send some dates... i use a 55 " LG TV.... Everything works fine with 4k..... really sad, the map looks so beautifull and then it turns to that , funny thing

1. Pic Zoomed in , not very nice res, but could take it.... ( I m really at that point, to say hey 1920 x 1080 is fine... really, map even looks great with it...... no need for 4k any more really....)

2. Pic Zoomed out, suddenly it seems now is the perfect zoom or / and re.... please just stay like this .. ( greates Sim ever...) but then....

3. Pic 3 After few secs.... even worse than zoomed in...... really sad.....

funny thing is, i m sure it worked back in the days..... then this issues appeared even on my older pc and i remember it working there good too, then i got new pc.... 32gb ram, 8 core , RTX 2070..... everything works great....but my fav.... Command....., when i installed on my new pc same problems......, hope u have any idea what to do....

well the pics show the problem quite well to me... hope u ll see it the same way, if u are using other displays etc....
also u can see, that units and "Hud" have same res all the time only the sentinell cahnges does, same thing with the other map!!!! (sadly) well it s absolute ok to me and i guess its normal for the map loading and it should be from low res.... loading high res.... not otherway round......

Anwer

Post by Anwer »

Ah and em... those shots got really big... hope not too big!!!!!! was hard work...... if so, sorry for that!!

Return to “Tech Support”