Multiplayer as client

Close Combat: The Bloody First Tech Support Forum. Please post any issues found here.
Jonathan Pollard

Multiplayer as client

Post by Jonathan Pollard »

Tried first multiplayer with the new official patch, we chose the Normandy campaign. Like the beta, deployment of individual units during the deployment phase prior to the start of combat for the client was excruciatingly slow, actually much worse than with the beta. And when battle started timer froze at 29:59. Maybe one of us had bad internet, has anyone else played multiplayer without problems with the new official patch?
Nomada_Firefox

RE: Multiplayer as client

Post by Nomada_Firefox »

ORIGINAL: Jonathan Pollard

Tried first multiplayer with the new official patch, we chose the Normandy campaign. Like the beta, deployment of individual units during the deployment phase prior to the start of combat for the client was excruciatingly slow, actually much worse than with the beta. And when battle started timer froze at 29:59. Maybe one of us had bad internet, has anyone else played multiplayer without problems with the new official patch?
what ping had you? one player with green and the other with red?
Jonathan Pollard

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

ORIGINAL: Jonathan Pollard

what ping had you? one player with green and the other with red?
I don't remember now, but when we switched host and client, the client had the same problem.

EDIT: I checked just now and saw that I was still opted-in to the beta on Steam, I turned it off but haven't had a chance yet to try more multiplayer.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

If one of you has a low end machine / video card this can slow down multiplayer for both players when it is trying to stay in sync.

I would recommend turning off ground clutter and shadows on each player's machine, one at a time, and see if that helps.
Jonathan Pollard

I tried playing multiplayer today with beta turned off on Steam and it was possible to play, so I think that was the problem.
STIENER

Post by STIENER »

Jon...are you still seeing timer issues?
Joqqemanzinho

Post by Joqqemanzinho »

Hello! I've been having the exact same problem with my brother. It started with a patch about 2-3 months ago. We've been periodically trying out the game every patch to see if it's fixed but no help. Tried to do the no clutter, no shadow trick, both PCs are well above minimum specs and the game worked fine in earlier patches. Tried both as hosts too but nothing works.
Big fan of the colour pink.
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I've made some tweaks for the next update to try and help with this. The issue seems to be specific to certain systems but I haven't been able to reproduce it.
Joqqemanzinho

Post by Joqqemanzinho »

Glad to hear! We will definitely give it a go as soon as the next update comes out. Like the game and we've been waiting for years to get a functional CC game to play online.
Big fan of the colour pink.

Return to “Close Combat: The Bloody First - Tech Support Forum”