A little tip for more clarity

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Novaliz

A little tip for more clarity

Post by Novaliz »

I want to share my best practise for more clarity in the game. As you know you can change the color of headquarter units and their subordinates. I take the 18th Army as an example: The Army headquarter and als its subordinates and their subordinates are purple, the same purple without any difference. So I give all the corpses HQs some minor differences in color which also affects their divisions for a better clarity. I find it very useful and havent seen it in any lets play. You can use websites like this for a fast RGB code:

https://rgbcolorcode.com/color/1EB300

Maybe someone will help it out too [:)]
56ajax

RE: A little tip for more clarity

Post by 56ajax »

Thx, it has been used by some before
Molotov : This we did not deserve.

Foch : This is not peace. This is a 20 year armistice.

C'est la guerre aérienne
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

I wish I could colour code a selection of units from the Generals report, fx. set all high exp and morale units of a certain colour, etc. Not only under the same HQ, something I wishlisted for WITE2. :-)
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."
joelmar

Post by joelmar »

@juv95hrn

I wish I could colour code a selection of units from the Generals report, fx. set all high exp and morale units of a certain colour, etc. Not only under the same HQ, something I wishlisted for WITE2. :-)

Are you aware of the Soft Factors? It shows color codes in the left corner of each units, for morale experience, supply levels. Updated Manual v2_5_5 #5.1.3
"The closer you get to the meaning, the sooner you'll know that you're dreamin'" -Dio
EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

+17
Laits

Post by Laits »

Awesome! Thank you.
I change the colors in WTW because it's simpler. Now I know how to do it in WITE!
More majorum
juv95hrn

Post by juv95hrn »

Yes, they show me that 99,99% of my Soviet troops are under 60 morale. I would prefer some more granularity. Say fx. Conscript colour under 30 exp., regular exp. under 40 exp. seasoned under 50 exp., and my few elites of around 60 exp. and morale. I dont think the soft factor differenties this much. And also unit colour is easier on the eye, than a small corner that I might want to use for other information.
"Yes, I am the henchman of the Devil but my services are primarily ceremonial..."

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”