Colored tracers

3D version of Close Combat
ineffable

Colored tracers

Post by ineffable »

A mixture of red-orange-yellow. IMO much better than the white tracers. No fault of the devs though. As was intended I'm sure, TBF is a modman's wet dream.

As usual backup, backup the original file (you can just rename it as otracer.tga, o for original) . Unzip to \Close Combat The Bloody First\Data\UI\Textures\Battle .
Attachments
tracer.zip
(8 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Quid si
ineffable

RE: Colored tracers

Post by ineffable »

Colored tracers

Attachments
tracer.jpg
tracer.jpg (54.32 KiB) Viewed 348 times
Quid si
Simulacra53

Post by Simulacra53 »

Are the tracers generic or can they be nation bound?
Simulacra53
Free Julian Assange
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Generic. All nations use the one tracers.tga file in \Close Combat The Bloody First\Data\UI\Textures\Battle . Downside to my modification is that a red-orange-yellow tracer effect is difficult to spot in orange-yellow desert background terrain. Its a relatively easy game sfx to customize. Using a black dot reminded me of BB gun battles as a kid. TBF editing is a sandbox. Everybody have fun finding their battlefield happy place.
Quid si
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

The tracer texture is used by both sides. The tracer color of every type of round can be controlled in the ammo.txt data file. They are RGB values that start with the pound sign (#)
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

On slowmo, this could be quite handy. Green for MG, red for AP, etc. Man, am I creative. [;)]
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

I went with yelo-orange for all US, red for the Germans and green for the Eyties, although they use GE small arms rounds.
Quid si
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

Revised tracer colors - yellow-orange for US, red for GE, green for Italian.

Backup the original file. Unzip Ammo.txt to \Close Combat The Bloody First\Data\Base\Weapons
Attachments
Ammo.zip
(3.23 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
Quid si
justflank

Post by justflank »

ORIGINAL: ineffable

Revised tracer colors - yellow-orange for US, red for GE, green for Italian.

Backup the original file. Unzip Ammo.txt to \Close Combat The Bloody First\Data\Base\Weapons

Much appreciated the red tracers are a little bright and hard to see
ineffable

Post by ineffable »

I'll try to make them more visible. An easy Notepad mod if anyone cares to try. Like Steve said, the ammo color is in the variable starting with #. Use an online RGB color picker to get suitable color value and paste that into the last 6 digits (#zzxxxxxx).

You can also use the tracers.tga I modded first, along with the newly modded ammo.txt file to boost the red tracer visibility.
Quid si
justflank

Post by justflank »

ORIGINAL: ineffable

I'll try to make them more visible. An easy Notepad mod if anyone cares to try. Like Steve said, the ammo color is in the variable starting with #. Use an online RGB color picker to get suitable color value and paste that into the last 6 digits (#zzxxxxxx).

You can also use the tracers.tga I modded first, along with the newly modded ammo.txt file to boost the red tracer visibility.

I’m using your new texture and I’ve changed my allies to green tracers, they are highly noticeable so thank you!

Though I’m not seeing an increased visual texture for the axis the red tracers don’t seem to be as vibrant or noticeable even when changed to green

Return to “Close Combat – The Bloody First”