Lag

The Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 is a new turn-based, tactical wargame that focuses on conflicts in the Middle East.

Moderator: Jason Petho

carll11

Lag

Post by carll11 »

I've got some terrible lag going on.

It will literally take 3 seconds for a unit to start its move and if it moves more than a few hexes it stops starts etc.till it gets to its destination hex ( not being fired on either). It takes a second or 2 to unhighlight and move to another unit I've selected etc....

I am on a laptop, 3.2 Gghz, 16 gbs ram, using a samsung 32 at 2560x1440

Is anyone else experiencing this? First time its happened........I play for example FOG II with wide open graphics and have no issues etc...

Jason Petho

RE: Lag

Post by Jason Petho »

You may have to restart the game and try again.

There may be some memory leakage somewhere which causes the lag if you don't exit out of the game and playing multiple sessions.
carll11

Post by carll11 »

Thx J....like clearing a buffer or something? Let me try that...
carll11

Post by carll11 »

Yup, you got it,restarted and its smooth....thx!
berto

Post by berto »

Your system could just as well have been affected by some Windows background service gone haywire. It happens on every Windows system from time to time. Usually best to let the storm subside. Reboots usually fix the problem, thereby killing the rogue background process. (But sometimes it will just start back up again, nothing you can do except be patient.)

If you look under the hood (try running Task Manager), you might be astonished to see the dozens and dozens of programs running in the background. Every now and then, sh*t happens.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
DM729

Post by DM729 »

Whenever I play, if possible, I disconnect from the internet and shut down all anti-virus, anti-malware programs etc.

I find that helps to keep the game flowing smoothly on my laptop.
carll11

Post by carll11 »

Thx Gents, yes Berto DM729, I usually kill background processes, Adobe Creative Cloud is almost always 'updating' etc. and thats a cpu hog, I turn off my other monitor etc...

I have a cpu usage widget, shows ram and memory usage etc. low end, the cpu kicks up to 20% when I move a unit...thats to much...

I also have some artifacts, see image; it only seems to appear for Magach 5's...theres 2 Magach 6 units to the left,they dont have it, nor do others... the other 4 units are M5 and they have that little stick in front of the tanks, only happens on display level 3d zoom out...

Attachments
artifacts.jpg
artifacts.jpg (112.45 KiB) Viewed 303 times
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

Am lucky so far, can play my turns with guys on ME with Chrome open (20 tabs open), various platoon files open, as well as CSLINT, email and Paintshop Pro!!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
Warhorse

Post by Warhorse »

ORIGINAL: carll11

Thx Gents, yes Berto DM729, I usually kill background processes, Adobe Creative Cloud is almost always 'updating' etc. and thats a cpu hog, I turn off my other monitor etc...

I have a cpu usage widget, shows ram and memory usage etc. low end, the cpu kicks up to 20% when I move a unit...thats to much...

I also have some artifacts, see image; it only seems to appear for Magach 5's...theres 2 Magach 6 units to the left,they dont have it, nor do others... the other 4 units are M5 and they have that little stick in front of the tanks, only happens on display level 3d zoom out...

That may have been fixed, it was a centering thing with the unit graphic. Next update!
Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com
carll11

Post by carll11 »

thx!

Return to “Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985”