Tanks and rivers

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

AstroBlues

Tanks and rivers

Post by AstroBlues »

Is there anyway that tanks can fight across rivers? Do they have to start adjacent to the river? If an engineer wants to build a bridge across a river so the tanks can attack the opposite side, what is the process? One more thing, I appreciate all the answers to my questions I have posted, you all are tops.
ArmouredLion

RE: Tanks and rivers

Post by ArmouredLion »

Gotta fight your way across before you can build a bridge... Tanks can't attack certain terrains with roads... High mountains, across rivers... I might be missing some.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

If the tank cannot move into the hex when it is empty, then it cannot attack there when it is enemy occupied. The French B1-bis cannot cross unbridged major rivers, for example.

Chuck
AstroBlues

Post by AstroBlues »

The best way to fight across a river is by infantry? Is it some tanks can cross and others cannot. This would make rivers a real fight to cross over if defended properly. How do other players attack across rivers? One more question, to build a bridge, do you have to have the hex across the river? Does it cost political points to build a bridge?

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

One more question

Well, two anyway. You do have to control the hex at both ends of the bridge. I do not think it requires PP, but I don't have engineers at a river just now.

Chuck

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”