Has anybody played Kursk CG after update 5?

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderators: Peter Fisla, Paullus

UP844

Has anybody played Kursk CG after update 5?

Post by UP844 »

DISCLAIMER: I am not associated with Matrix or Peter (who, I am certain, sometimes sees me as his personal nightmare [;)]).

I just tried playing Prokhorovka again, just to see the improvement in the delays and I am truly and really astonished [X(] [X(] [X(].

Unlike what I reported HERE (post #41, aptly named "Prokhorovka, goodbye"), the game now flows smoothly: I waited until turns 13-15, when the Russians receive 14 T-34s and 4 SU-76 and I experienced almost no delay. I quit the game as i was being massacred (I was not really playing, I left the setup to the AI and just moved the playing pieces around).

I have still some doubts on CG003 (which I never played, since CG002 was unplayable) because of its unlimited visibility, but I rejoice at the thought of being able to play Prokhorovka at least! [X(].

I am a computer illitterate, so I do not have the slightest idea about what Peter did to solve the issue, but I want to thank him a lot for turning the Kursk DLC into a playable item. [&o] [&o] [&o]

I would be extremely interested to hear the opinion of others in the community who tried playing Kursk campaign games after Update 5.
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Peter Fisla

RE: Has anybody played Kursk CG after update 5?

Post by Peter Fisla »

Thanks UP844, there will be more to come in UPDATE6 :) I'm trying...
UP844

Post by UP844 »

I regret having to report bad news [:(].

I started a Prokhorovka game with the Germans and everythin went more or less fine until mid-game. Now, on turn 18, the lag between moves is 30 to 35 seconds again. It's a pity, since I smashed through the Russian defenses, slaughtered their armoured and engineer counterattacks and was heading for a Major... but now moving an AFv takes about 10 minutes, and I have about 20 of them.

What mostly puzzles me is that the game runs slower now (when the only visible Russian units in sight are three infantry stacks in the Oktyabr Farm, plus a dozen of unpossessed SW) than at the start of the game, when there were much more Russian-occupied hexes) [&:]. There are lots of wrecks (26) around the map, but these become terrain features visible at all times.

Moreover, the game moves at a snail's pace even when I try moving German reinforcements entering from the South edge of the map, where there are neither units nor abandoned SW to check los for [&:].

I am extremely puzzled: when I tried the same scenario with the Russian, it ran smoother than I ever dreamed of (as I reported in the opening post). I'll make another attempt playing the Russians...

By the way, I am still waiting for someone else's experience in playing the Kursk scenarios with Update 5...
Chasing Germans in the moonlight is no mean sport

Siegfried Sassoon

Long Range Fire (A7.22)........1/2 FP
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Well, I have improved the performance in about 35-40% range in the UPDATE4. For UPDATE6, that I'm currently working; I will be further looking into an additional performance.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Hey man, I took your challenge and went back to the 1st campaign game, Psel Bridgehead, and I was impressed with the game performance.
I first start noticing the lag when it got to 2-3 seconds but after that, the game didn't get much worst and at times faster. Now I go onto the next campaign,
Prokhorovka, and it couldn't be more different. By turn 13 I was experiencing 2-3 second delay and it just got worst from there. I quit at the end of turn 16
because 10-11 seconds between moves was more than I could tolerate. At around turn 13 is when I, as the Germans, received large reinforcements and about
that time the Russians received their reinforcements. Clearly, the addition of so many units onto a very large map is pushing it way too far. Too bad, I was

really enjoying that campaign. Now, to avoid disappointment, I will not try playing Normandy DLC yet I don't regret buying it. If that would contribute towards
the next update, that's great.[:)]

Return to “Tech Support”