Automatic Air Attacks

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
Trick37_MatrixForum

Automatic Air Attacks

Post by Trick37_MatrixForum »

One thing that has always driven me nuts is the computer automatically setting up air attacks with MY aircraft. How do I turn it off? It takes too much time to go through and cancel each one individually.
Meyer1

RE: Automatic Air Attacks

Post by Meyer1 »

In the menu: play-player options-air staff assistant off.

Trick37_MatrixForum

Post by Trick37_MatrixForum »

Damn, THAT easy?

Thanks.
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

That hasn't been working for me. I turn it off, and every time i reload TOAW 4 the Air Assistant is back on! It also asks me everytime if I want English as my language. This is driving me crazy. How can you fix? thanks! (or can you please fix guys?)
John 21:25
Meyer1

Post by Meyer1 »

Sounds like the settings are not being saved to the ini files in the TOAW folder under "my games". Did you install the game to the default folder (if not, do it) Are you using a non-English windows OS?

Edit: try running the Opart4.exe as an administrator. Just a thought.
fastfrank

Post by fastfrank »

Discovered in TOAW III that even thought I turned air assistant off and fragged every group manually, if/when I used AI to move even 1 ground formation, that insubordinate air assistant got back in control and changed all air unit orders. Only solution I found was after moving all ground units, go back to air unit report and change air units as necessary. Don't if this carried over to Toaw IV....
leehunt27@bloomberg.net

Post by leehunt27@bloomberg.net »

ahh yes you are right. I uninstalled TOAW 4 in the non-default folder on my E: drive (that seems to have been the problem), then reinstalled in the default C: folder. Now the Air Assistant stays in "Off." Thanks Meyer1!
John 21:25

Return to “Tech Support”