changing AD target

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

Rongor

changing AD target

Post by Rongor »

I want to edit the target hex, but the link isn't there. Any idea why? I can do it with the Tactical AF HQ but not with the Malta Cmd.

LiquidSky

RE: changing AD target

Post by LiquidSky »

Underneath TYPE: is TARGET:

Click the Hex(147,293)

Then you can click on the map for a new target hex. The rest of the info stays the same.

S BASE: is staging base. all aircraft fly first from their original base to this staging base before flying on to the target. If you change the target hex too radically, you may have to adjust this as well.

I see you know AREA: And AUTO is pretty easy to figure out too.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

Underneath TYPE: is TARGET:

Click the Hex(147,293)
is exactly what doesn't work. I admit it may be hard to see, but if you look again, you will notice the line is written in white instead of light blue. Text is there but link is missing. You can't click it. Well you can but nothing will happen since there is no clickspot (which we normally would expect there).
ultradave

Post by ultradave »

click on the word "Hex". It's not highlighted but if you click on the "Hex (xx,xxx)" it should then let you pick a new target hex.

[edit] NVM. Sorry. Should have read more closely. This is what it looks like on mine but I can click on the "Hex(xx,xxx) and it will then allow me to pick.
----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"
Helpless

Post by Helpless »

Hex selection is blocked when air group selection is activated (not the case) or when target type selection is activated. I guess you have target type selection option activated in one of the ADs, which blocks target hex selection for the AS.

I will fix this bug, meanwhile you may try to go to the normal mode (F1) and try to get back to the AS AD edit. It should reset all AS edit flags.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

glad to see it's not just me then, i also tried to alter stuff like this, wanted day to night time bombing and it never happened, but have tried to alter targets as well, i thought and it maybe my lack of knowledge, but seems it maybe something else then, will re try advice above, thanks

edited, thanks that worked, it seems it wouldn't do it as f4 was still open and when i pressed f1 it closed and then worked also, [&o][&o][&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Rongor

Post by Rongor »

Will do so helpless, thanks!
Still want to mention that I could edit the target hex for another AS Directive, carried out by a different HQ.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”