game crashes

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Rolo309

game crashes

Post by Rolo309 »

Ive got german version of GGWitE. If I install game and use ingame update-button I can only get version 1.07.11 - why not the latest 1.08.4?
If I install 1.08.04 manually I always get decompression-error (pic.1)Image which I ignore.
During gameplay (I played GER vs SO (AI)) after a while game always crashes - sometimes if I switch to SAVE-screen,sometimes while moving my units, sometimes during AI-movement phase - but every turn.
So I tested 3X AI vs AI and 3x game crashes during 1. turn after nearly same runtime.

Attachments
ggwite5.jpg
ggwite5.jpg (175.24 KiB) Viewed 496 times
Helpless

RE: game crashes

Post by Helpless »

During gameplay (I played GER vs SO (AI)) after a while game always crashes - sometimes if I switch to SAVE-screen,sometimes while moving my units, sometimes during AI-movement phase - but every turn.

Looks like a famous sound issue. Can you try to rename sound folder and see if it is still crashes?
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Please unhide file extensions - for your own safety.
If you had already run the game and it crashed it may be possible the sound file causing this crash is still active/locked. Please restart computer.
If game is installed into default path inside c:\program files (x86) please locate the game folder and run update.exe at least once with admin rights (right-click on file "Als Administrator ausführen"). The updater should update itself and restart unless it's blocked by Firewall/AV or similar.

Try to install update again, if it fails again ensure there's sufficient space available + there's no file system error.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Rolo309

Post by Rolo309 »

I downloaded patch 1.08.04 again it and decompressions-error didn´t happen during installation.
Nevertheless "famous issue" happened during gameplay.
Then I renamed sound folder and crash didn´t happen.
Must be a sound problem.

I use win7-64 with VLC-mediaplayer, WitE installed on g:/ free space 40gb; free space on c:\ 50gb
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i also have the sound codec issue with vlc installed, uninstalled it and ran the codec repair tool and not had a single error since also on latest beta version, so like they say game doesn't like any codec pack installed at all it seems, but at least it's not game related it is a codec issue [&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

Some of the codecs claim to be faster but they are not always properly tested thus affect combatibility/reliability

If there's a codec the tool can't fix the only option is to disable one by one and test again.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Rolo309

Post by Rolo309 »

I used CodecTweakTool and now WitE is running fine! No crashes anymore, I am happiest man in the world.[:D]
Thank you very much for support.[&o]
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

yes must admit needs to be made a sticky as most crashes do seem to be sound related and easy to fix with the tool, glad you also got it sorted, strange why it happens, but again easy to fix
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)

Return to “Tech Support”