no one migrating to new colonies

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: Icemania, elliotg

inyasha23

no one migrating to new colonies

Post by inyasha23 »

i have 26 colonies with populations under 1 billion, but no one is migrating to them, i have 4 mature max pop worlds that im taking at 40 percent each till they are only 1+ happy but they wont migrate to the new 0% tax colonies.'

i have star bases with rec and medical facility's and defensive bases on them so their safe from pirates

i have 75 passenger ships that can carries 40 million but they all transport tourist.

im using AI improvement 1.05 mod btw
RiftHick

RE: no one migrating to new colonies

Post by RiftHick »

Go into your policy files and sort of near the top there should be two tick box options, one is about trading with others (that only partially works) and the other is basically "conducts tourism" if you uncheck this tourism box your ships should finish their current tourism tasks then hopefully settle into immigration roles. If you still have issues say due to policy being ignored due to queued jobs then what I tend to do is go into the ship menu (where you can look at all your state and private sector things and where they are) and select all passenger ships and scrap them with this menu (don't retire, just scrap) this will instantly remove all 75 passenger ships and the private sector will remake them. Then when you are happy enough to turn on tourism again you can just go into the policy files and turn it back on, even if your empire does not conduct tourism or migration doesn't mean other empires won't make use of you, you can still get foreign tourists and foreign empires can and will still take some of your people as migrants. There is also a issue with distance, migrants in my experience tend to favour closer locations than further ones so any colony (even great ones) that happen to be some distance away from the rest of your empire won't see as much in the way of incoming migrants from your empire until all your other colonies fill up first.
Blabsawaw22

Post by Blabsawaw22 »

How will turning off the "trade with other empires" in policy help with migrating?

to all the research I've done with that policy, the conclusion has been it turns off the other empires trading with you.. so you can keep all your resources..

It would be wonderful to get the facts on how they programmed these policies though..
RiftHick

Post by RiftHick »

I never said that turning of trade would give better migration, it was for additional direction as to where the tourism tick box is and I in no way said it had any effect on migration. Other than that I pointed out that not all the policies get recognised all the time anyone who's tried refining the ship capture/ boarding ones will know what I mean. As for the tourism option..well passenger ships serve two roles migration and tourism, tourism is the more common of the two roles and a passenger ship can only do one of these at a time so migration tends to take a backseat to tourism jobs. If you turn tourism off for your empire you stop your own passenger ships from conducting tourism so now your own passenger ships only have one role they are allowed to do and that is migration related.
Twigster

Post by Twigster »

Supporting what RiftHick says here; in my experience what he says can help.

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”