Tracker and switching turn cycles

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

AirGriff

Tracker and switching turn cycles

Post by AirGriff »

I'm just about to kick off a pbem. My opponent and I are doing 2 day turns EXCEPT the first turn so as not to mess up the
crucial first ands second days. Will this mess up tracker, which is set to 2 day turns, or should I switch it to and from the
proper cycle. Just want to make sure it stays in synch. Will switching it mess it up?
Lokasenna

RE: Tracker and switching turn cycles

Post by Lokasenna »

I think you will first run into an issue in trying to change the PBEM from 1-day to 2-day turns, as that's not possible. Sad to say.
JuanG

Post by JuanG »

Actually, as per michaelm's reponse below, if you are running the beta patch it should be possible;

ORIGINAL: michaelm
ORIGINAL: Itdepends

Hello Michael,
was there a change made in the Beta that removed the ability to switch between 1 and 2 day turns? I've done it once in my PBEM but the question came up recently and my opponent can't recall how we did it. I've also been unsuccessful at doing it in a test PBEM.

Thanks,

Daniel

Thread where the question came up below
tm.asp?m=3516449
The option is a command line switch (-cd) that the Japanese player needs to run. The turn can be loaded and the 'Turn cycle' is allowed to be changed .. thru the in-game preferences.
AirGriff

Post by AirGriff »

That's what I thought, too, but to my pleasant surprise you can. The IJ player needs to add -cd into the target window within the properties of your starting icon and then he can switch turn cycles in the preferences screen within the orders phase. I tested the first two turns with my upcoming opponent and we could indeed switch back and forth between cycles. My only question now is whether Tracker needs to be fiddled with to ensure it won't get out of synch.
AirGriff

Post by AirGriff »

Beat me to it, Juan. I'm not running the beta and it works, as well.
JuanG

Post by JuanG »

ORIGINAL: AirGriff

Beat me to it, Juan. I'm not running the beta and it works, as well.

Thats good to know, thanks.

As for tracker, can't help you with that sadly, have never been able to get it to play nice with my Java/OS.
Lokasenna

Post by Lokasenna »

Alright then! If you can change the preferences of the game, then Tracker won't be a problem.

All you have to do is make sure you change the .properties file for Tracker - change it to 2-day turns on the appropriate day and you'll be fine. If you're doing December 8 as normal, and then doing December 9/December 10 as a single 2-day turn, then the process would be this:

1) Do your orders and run December 8 replay; send to Allied opponent.
2) Load December 8 turn into Tracker with 1-day turns in the .properties file.
3) Switch your preferences in-game to 2-day turns
4) Do your orders and run Dec 9/Dec 10 turn
5) Change Tracker's .properties file to 2-day turns
6) Finally, read the turn in Tracker

Follow the same procedure if you need to switch back to 1-day turns.
floydg

Post by floydg »

What he said...

[:D]
Delete the trackerdb.* files.
Copy the pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder.
Try running the WitPTracker.bat again.
erstad

Post by erstad »

Wrong thread

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”