Maps

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Panta_slith

Maps

Post by Panta_slith »

Two things I would like to have:
1-The name of the rivers on the maps, it is useless to say "you will deploy by the river such and such" if you don't know where it is. (unless I am being too dumb and didn't discover it, it may happen)
2-The maps in .jpg format to print them for planning purposes. I like to cover them with a plastic layer and draw on them with grease pencils before the battles. [:)]
Panta Astiazarán
Panta_slith

RE: Maps

Post by Panta_slith »

Please disregard the second item of my previous post, I just found where the maps are! [:(]
Panta Astiazarán
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

I agree that it would have been nice of whoever made the maps to have included the river names and road route numbers. Hopefully he will do better in the future. [:@]

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

In MR's defense the major rivers are named. The small "streams" and roads not so much since it would clutter the map and not be all that useful in the grand scheme of things. The map files can be modified and you could add in those elements to your liking. I would suggest backing up the originals first.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Panta_slith

Post by Panta_slith »

All right, but I need to find the rivers' names first, I guess I have a few real maps of the Fulda region (this is Fulda, isn't it?) Modifying the .pgs is a piece of cake for me, Photoshop is what I do everyday to earn my money since more than 10 years ago! [:'(]
Panta Astiazarán
Mad Russian

Post by Mad Russian »

It may be Fulda, the North German Plains, the Rhine or Main River valleys, etc....depends on which scenario you are playing.

There is a battlefield tour coming out very soon that shows where each of the actions takes place in respect to each other.

Until then the center area of the maps are listed in the main scenario briefing. It will say, "Location, Near Bad Neufeld" or something like that. You can google that and be there in 5 minutes.

Good Hunting.

MR
The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.
british exil

Post by british exil »

Panta, I was thinking of printing the maps. But I can't find the folder where the maps are suppossed to be.
Can you or anybody else help me out?

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
22sec

Post by 22sec »

ORIGINAL: british exil

Panta, I was thinking of printing the maps. But I can't find the folder where the maps are suppossed to be.
Can you or anybody else help me out?

Mat

/modules/maps

I don't think I messed that up, but I'm at work on my phone and can't confirm.
Flashpoint Campaigns Contributor
https://twitter.com/22sec2
british exil

Post by british exil »

21SEC

Thanks.
/modules/FDRS/maps

I did not think to look under modules as I was thinking that I would find a map folder.

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Mat, everything for a game module is in that folder. Allows us to add new modules to the base game engine.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”