some decision making questions

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jnpoint

some decision making questions

Post by jnpoint »

I'm in the middle of a big campaign (I play Japan), but I am unsure of, what would be the best dicisions:
What is most important to produce planes, ships or land units? They are all important, but...
What do you do? Do you attack everywhere at once? or do you first of all secure your bases? or do you attack a few bases with a long planing and an overwhelming strength? or..?

And then some bonus questions :)
How do I control the production to raise the LCU production?
How can I see, that a new unit is produced?
Hanzberger

RE: some decision making questions

Post by Hanzberger »

What's the date of your big campaign? Are you playing PBEM or AI? Check out my wire chart below, it may help.
I don't think you can 'raise' your LCU production. Wish you could.
You can buy units from Manchuria with PP's. (if playing PBEM) If playing the AI just have them run across the border free of charge. [:D] (gamey)
You need armament points and vehicle points to keep your LCU's TOE up.
Sounds like you need to install Tracker and also post some more information about your ongoing game.
[&:]
Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?
jnpoint

Post by jnpoint »

I play against AI.
I have only played for 8 game days, but it feels like several weeks :) I play a scenario with 'quiet China', only China didn't know, so they attack me all over.
I do have Tracker installed, but maybe I'm not that good understanding and using it. I mean, I can read a lot of numbers, and it is impressive, but I can't see, where for example the new units show up? Or why some of them are delayed up to more than 1000 days?
rwolan@sbcglobal.net

Post by rwolan@sbcglobal.net »

IMHO, the best way to learn how others "plan" their campaigns is to follow some of the AAR's.

I have learned more in depth strategy from the AAR's than I have from several years of playing against the AI.
NicoDemon
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

I agree. See Mike Solli's AAR for early war strategic goals, production guidelines and research efforts. He's got these down very well.

Return to “The War Room”