Foreign Policy Magazine's Top 7 Holiday Games for Wonks...

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

rjopel

Foreign Policy Magazine's Top 7 Holiday Games for Wonks...

Post by rjopel »

Ryan Opel
Farfarer61

RE: Foreign Policy Magazine's Top 7 Holiday Games for Wonks...

Post by Farfarer61 »

Alas, unitil the West returns to fighting wars of Annihilation - the strong suit - failure will ensue.
Joel Billings

Post by Joel Billings »

Thanks for posting that link. I wonder how many computer wargamers read FP? [:)]

BTW, I can vouch for Twilight Struggle. James (JAMiAM) taught it too me at Pacificon last September and I bought it right after the con. It's a fun game and a great history lesson (or stroll through memory lane) on the events of the Cold War. There's even a way to play it on the internet if you have someone you know to play it with (haven't found time to do that yet).
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
Cad908

Post by Cad908 »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

Thanks for posting that link. I wonder how many computer wargamers read FP? [:)]

BTW, I can vouch for Twilight Struggle. James (JAMiAM) taught it too me at Pacificon last September and I bought it right after the con. It's a fun game and a great history lesson (or stroll through memory lane) on the events of the Cold War. There's even a way to play it on the internet if you have someone you know to play it with (haven't found time to do that yet).

Well, there is at least one. It is bookmarked on my computer along with the Economist.

Go figure....
Wild

Post by Wild »

Me too. What history nut wouldn't be interested in world events. (Although their liberal bias is somewhat annoying, but i'll leave politics for another forum.[;)])
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Thanks for the link, I never heard of this site and now I have it bookmarked.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”