Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Out Of Memory error [1147.35]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Out Of Memory error [1147.35] Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/12/2021 12:44:21 PM   
morphin

Hi
I have out of memory erros, often after playing a few houres. The scenario is not so big
There are quit a lot of other error messages in the exceptionLog.txt, see attachment

After this message the game crashes

Thank's

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by morphin -- 11/12/2021 12:46:12 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/12/2021 2:02:35 PM   
chrispman

I let it run for about one hour at 15x time compression. No problems detected.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 2
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/12/2021 2:20:35 PM   
morphin

System.OutOfMemoryException is indepentend of the scenario i play. it occurs more often if you reload the scenario. On earlier versions it even occours if you don't play and let the game paused for multiple houres. If the developper would like i can run a debugged version to collect even more information....

(in reply to chrispman)
Post #: 3
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/12/2021 4:49:51 PM   
thewood1

Ran it for 90 minutes real time at 15x. Monitored CPU usage and RAM usage. All stable and normal in .35.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 4
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/13/2021 11:41:46 AM   
morphin

Thank's guys for testing. I play differently. I stop (Spacebar) the game every few seconds and save the scenario with shortcut (ctrl+S) and also regularly with another filename (about 20-30 different filenames in circle, I have not activated autosave). So i save really a lot.
I also sometimes load a filesave quit often (Without restarting CMO). Maybe loading a scenario again will not initialize all variables (global variables?, random values arrays?) with fresh values and this will guide to "index out of range" and "collection errors"? Other thing is that the games is 32BIT and not using correct datatypes can also guide to out of memory messages and crashes

I also found that the saving a scenario will probably not save the "radar" detection/guidance state of missiles. You will remark this if you save a game shortly before the AA missile impact the Aircraft and then load the savefile again the missile often fly by and no calculation for impact will occur. So saving a file will probably not saving everything from the currenty running game.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/13/2021 4:53:54 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin
I also found that the saving a scenario will probably not save the "radar" detection/guidance state of missiles. You will remark this if you save a game shortly before the AA missile impact the Aircraft and then load the savefile again the missile often fly by and no calculation for impact will occur. So saving a file will probably not saving everything from the currenty running game.

Please put that on a separate thread with a suitable save file that we can investigate.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 6
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/14/2021 1:04:59 PM   
KnightHawk75

FWIW -
I too ran this under build 1147.35, ran for about 5hr, first ~2hr(about 1.5 hour in game) letting the scene play itself, then I kinda went to town destroying stuff from both sides for a couple hours, and adding a couple things as well.
start: 0.9-1.2gb
end: 1.3-1.6gb

Did nothing much really other then press play and click close+resume on messages, and make sure the warhorse strikers didn't rtb before firing at ships for the first ~1 - 1.5hr in game. Then played mostly at 2x for 2-3 more hours in game.
I did not move around the map much loading map data and only had bmng+borders enabled, internet blocked.
Logs showed 2 exceptions during the first ~hour, one (the last one) I know was during an autosave attempt during the tail end of first hour of barely touching anything:

quote:

11/14/2021 5:38:16 AM -- B1147.35 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at Command_Core.Aircraft_AirOps.(Boolean& , ActiveUnit& , Boolean , List`1 , String& )
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 200293, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

11/14/2021 6:12:57 AM -- B1147.35 -- Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Exception: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
at Command_Core.Scenario.(XmlWriter )
Error at 101022,

No out of memory exceptions though.

This one popped sometime late in the blowing stuff up phase when I was about done.
quote:

11/14/2021 8:37:06 AM -- B1147.35 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at Command_Core.ActiveUnit_DockingOps.()
at Command.UnitStatus_WPF.(Scenario , Side , Unit )
at Command.UnitStatus_WPF.€(Scenario , Side , Unit )
at Command.RightColumnWPF.(Scenario , Side , Unit )
Error at 999999,

I don't what that was from whatever it was I didn't notice when it happened, perhaps a gui hicup. Anyway when I ended memory was around 1.3gig, peak memory during the whole session never broke 1.65gb.

quote:

I also found that the saving a scenario will probably not save the "radar" detection/guidance state of missiles.

Definitely add that like Dimitris said to a new thread, could be a nice find and explain some oddities on reloading saves.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 7
RE: Out Of Memory error [1147.35] - 11/14/2021 3:54:22 PM   
morphin

ok i will do it as soon i have time
Thank's

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Out Of Memory error [1147.35] Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI