Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Database or scenario problem?? I truly don't know

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Database or scenario problem?? I truly don't know Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Database or scenario problem?? I truly don't know - 8/11/2021 11:58:30 AM   
1nutworld

I've posted before and wasn't sure where to put the post to make sure it "gets" to the right people, but I posted this issue in the DLC's forum yesterday because it was something I noticed when playing Kashmir Fire. I don't think that it being listed in that part of the forums will get the issue fixed, so I am posting it here. If it needs to be moved, I totally understand.

What is attached is the Database information for the HJ-10 ATGM that is part of the attack helicopter weapon inventory in Kashmir Fire scenario number 1.

However, while the image shows the actual weapon, in the weapon/platform information section the description of the item is some sort of French built ship and not a description of the HJ-10 ATGM.

pretty sure the ATGM doesn't have an "OTO-Melara 76mm Gun or be fitted with anti-ship missiles" as described in the write-up by Jason W Henson.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by 1nutworld -- 8/11/2021 12:04:20 PM >

USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN-69) 1990-1994.
Post #: 1
RE: Database or scenario problem?? I truly don't know - 8/11/2021 12:18:00 PM   
KLAB

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3441939

Not either, the photos images and descriptions are in this thread.
Plus I notice it's DB488 not DB489.
Could try on that thread but clearly something not working.
Cheers K

(in reply to 1nutworld)
Post #: 2
RE: Database or scenario problem?? I truly don't know - 8/11/2021 4:57:40 PM   
OldSarge

The text file that is used for the description of DB_ID 2125 needs to be updated to match the actual weapon.

You can find the file in <CMO Install path>\DB\Descriptions\DB3000\weapon_2125.txt. Make a backup of the file and then update the file with a correct description and it should display just fine.

Also use the forum link above to let CV60 et al know about the incorrect description so they can add it to their package for widespread updates.

BTW, I just checked my old CMANO install the text is the same and that file has a date stamp of 2/26/2015. So it has been like this for some time.

HTH

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 8/11/2021 5:34:08 PM >

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to KLAB)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Database or scenario problem?? I truly don't know Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI