Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED] AC change Altitude and Speed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] AC change Altitude and Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED] AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/21/2021 3:04:18 PM   
morphin

Hi

It is not the first time i see this behaviour. I have Set "ignore pltted course" to No and also set Autmatic evasion to No.

But neverless the AC change altitude and speed.

For example in the savegame the Fighter Toro # 5 i set course, altitude to min and speed to afterburner. But after 2 seoconds of playing the Altitude is set to 36000ft and course is changing also.

I notice this behaviour also each time i release a missile..
Thank's
Andy

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by SteveMcClaire -- 12/16/2021 11:43:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/22/2021 4:24:37 PM   
morphin

I have now further played this scenario and i can not manually manage the AC. Every time the AC is attacked it changes speed, direction and altitude (altitude to 36000ft, reduce speed and change direction against the incoming missile).
So i lost a lot of AC because of this behaviour. I would like to keep the AC at minimum altitude to hide behind mountains and speed to afterburner and also the direction i would like to give manually.

What i also observe that sometimes the "ignore plotted course" is changed automatically to yes (And is in yellow colour). Why does this occur?

->I play latest beta 1147.25

Thank's

Andy

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 2
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/22/2021 5:02:20 PM   
thewood1

First off, its on a mission so its default behavior is whatever the mission transit and station settings are. Second, its reacting to missiles inbound and going defensive while in transit. Third, after the defensive engagement, it returns to the mission profile. Any manual speed/altitude setting is only temporary and is reset if the unit has to go defensive. That has always been the behavior when on missions that I am aware of. There was an issue several updates ago around the transit leg for units that had units ignoring threats. That was fixed and appears to still be fixed. If you want it to behave differently you'll have to unassign it from the mission, I think. ROE might impact this, but it has to be the ROE of the mission, not the unit.

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 3
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/23/2021 3:17:42 AM   
morphin

Thank's for the input. Yes i remember now. Yes the workaround is to unassign. That is what i was using. But unassigning the unit has several drawbacks. First you have to remember which missions the unit was assigned so you can reassign the unit after the fight. Second as soon as you unassign the unit often a new unit will launch. So that makes usings missions with micromanage fights very impracticable.

It is a pity that you can not micromanage a unit in a fight if it is assigned to a mission.

I think the Automatic evasion checkbox should be the right settings if you would like that the unit is reacting to a missile.

I really hope that the developpers consider that a player would like to micro manage a plane in a fight also when it is assigned to a mission. Automatic overwriting a manual set course, speed and altitude should only be done if automatic evasion checkbox is set. Otherwise the player should be responsable for the unit (hey, the player manually was settings the course, speed and altitude so he should know what he does)

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/23/2021 10:39:29 AM   
AndrewJ

To avoid the problem of a mission launching a new unit, I will sometimes set the mission to 'inactive' while I am manually controlling the aircraft, and then turn it back to 'active' again when I am finished. The advantage is that the AI won't launch any unwanted new planes, and you don't have to fiddle around reassigning the unit to the mission afterwards. The disadvantage is that all aircraft on the mission (if there are more than one) will stop doing their mission task, not just the specific one you are working with.

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 5
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/23/2021 12:15:11 PM   
thewood1

Frankly, if I want to micromanage, i don't use them in a mission. If you want to request a change, put in the requests thread.

Nevermind...see you did.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 5/23/2021 12:16:32 PM >

You are like puss filled boil on nice of ass of bikini model. You are nasty to everybody but then try to sweeten things up with a nice post somewhere else. That's nice but you're still a boil on a beautiful thing! - BDukes

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 6
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/23/2021 3:47:48 PM   
morphin

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

To avoid the problem of a mission launching a new unit, I will sometimes set the mission to 'inactive' while I am manually controlling the aircraft, and then turn it back to 'active' again when I am finished. The advantage is that the AI won't launch any unwanted new planes, and you don't have to fiddle around reassigning the unit to the mission afterwards. The disadvantage is that all aircraft on the mission (if there are more than one) will stop doing their mission task, not just the specific one you are working with.

Good suggestions, but it feels like a workaround. I suggest that as soon as you set course, speed, altitude manually and set automatic evasion to "No" then the unit should really be under your control. Then after resetting the unit (F3) the unit should continue the mission

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 7
RE: AC change Altitude and Speed - 5/23/2021 4:01:42 PM   
morphin

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

Frankly, if I want to micromanage, i don't use them in a mission. If you want to request a change, put in the requests thread.

Nevermind...see you did.

Missions facilitate and makes routine jobs simple and easy. Especially in large scenarios you are actually driven to use missions and i don't want to miss them.
But then it is really very hard to make a good AI while fighting. For example the AI can not hide the AC behind mountains, the AC does not flee from the radar area from a missile perpendicular form the missile flight path, the AI does not know if and when fleeing from a missile is the right decision and many many more tactical decisions the AI can not handle (that should not be taken as criticism. It is really very hard to program this). I for example use also use deflection to attract enemy AC and then attack them from the side or behind. With good micromanagement you can reduce your loss, often to ZERO.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 8
RE: [Logged] AC change Altitude and Speed - 12/16/2021 11:42:53 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Change made for the next update: units will not clear player-set overrides for speed or altitude when on a mission and going engaged offensive/defensive IF the unit has a player-plotted course AND the unit is not ignoring that course for some other reason.

So a unit (that is assigned to a mission) with a player-plotted course will not lose its player-set speed and altitude overrides when attacking if the unit doctrine has 'ignore plotted course when attacking' set to 'no.' A unit going defensive will not clear its speed and altitude overrides when it has a player-plotted course and the 'Automatic Evasion' doctrine is set to 'no.'

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 9
RE: [Logged] AC change Altitude and Speed - 12/17/2021 12:47:54 AM   
boogabooga

That sounds good.

Will wingmen follow the flight leader through the human plotted course on intercept missions?

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 10
RE: [Logged] AC change Altitude and Speed - 12/18/2021 1:19:33 AM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: SteveMcClaire

Change made for the next update: units will not clear player-set overrides for speed or altitude when on a mission and going engaged offensive/defensive IF the unit has a player-plotted course AND the unit is not ignoring that course for some other reason.

So a unit (that is assigned to a mission) with a player-plotted course will not lose its player-set speed and altitude overrides when attacking if the unit doctrine has 'ignore plotted course when attacking' set to 'no.' A unit going defensive will not clear its speed and altitude overrides when it has a player-plotted course and the 'Automatic Evasion' doctrine is set to 'no.'

Sounds good to me too, Thank you.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 11
RE: [Logged] AC change Altitude and Speed - 12/18/2021 9:40:12 AM   
morphin

Great! That is really a christmas present for me :-)

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 12
RE: [Logged] AC change Altitude and Speed - 12/20/2021 8:26:26 AM   
Blast33

Nice, my eyebrows will stay more relaxed dringend playing

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED] AC change Altitude and Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI