here's a new one for testing, its rough around the edges and will require some tweek's, so would be great for some fresh eyes on it many thanks
Date: 30th June 2021/ 08:00:00 Zulu
Location: South China Sea
Duration: 1 Day
Playable Sides: UK & Coalition Forces
It was no secret that relations between the United Kingdom and China had soured over recent months. Already strained over issues such as Hong Kong, the countries’ links have suffered greatly during the fall from the Covid Pandemic.
Such issues have prompted London to reassess its relationship with Beijing, with the decision to deny Huawei an active role in Britain’s 5G Network heralding a more confrontational approach to bilateral affairs.
Considering this uncertainty, regarding the Asia-Pacific deployment of the UK’s new aircraft Carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, have taken on a new significance.
Carrier Strike Group 21’s potential visit to the disputed South China Sea may prove revealing to whether the UK-China relations have indeed entered a “new era” of competition.
British Military presence remains notable throughout the regional infrastructure with a Royal Navy “presence” in Singapore complementing a more conventional base in Brunei.
The United Kingdom remains a member of the Five Power Defence and had even recently sailed frigates through the South China Sea.
In June 2020, China cracked down by imposing a National Security Law for Hong Kong, entirely bypassing the city's own legislature.
This law grants Beijing sweeping new powers necessary to curb unrest; dealing a devastating blow for Hong Kong's freedoms.
Since it came into force, local political parties have disbanded, protest signs have been pulled down across the city, and Hong Kong residents are fleeing to seek asylum or refuge in other countries.
Due to the recent tensions in Hong Kong and with permission from the Hong Kong Government, units of the Queen Elizabeth CVBG have been detached to conduct "NEO" and evacuate Staff from the British Consulate.
Task Group 544.01 has established an overt presence in the Northern Sector of the South China Sea and is conducting Freedom of Navigation Operations until further notice.
Intelligence indicates that a number of Chinese Warships been deployed to the South China Sea towards your location, there intentions are unknown at the present time.
The Philippine Government have also complained to the UN of the continuing infringements by Beijing round the Spratley Islands.
With Hong Kong International Airport closed other countries have formed a joint NEO Task Group to pull out their citizens and transport them to the Philippines where they can then be flown to their respective countries.
ORDERS & CONDUCT OF OPERATIONS
Washington and Tokyo has given approval for there relevant Forces to come under OPCON of COMUKTG embarked in HMS Queen Elizabeth, relevant countries "Battle Staff" are now embarked.
1. Task Unit 544.01.01 HMS Queen Elizabeth CVBG has taken an overt posture to the West of the Batanes Islands to conduct "Freedom Of Navigation Operations" and counter any possible appearance of Chinese units coming from the Pacific, this group is also being supported by HMS Audacious.
2. Task Unit 544.01.02 sailed late last nght after a port visit to Nha Trang in Vietnam and are now heading to conduct "Freedom Of Navigation Operations" in the vicinity of the Spratley Islands.
3. Task Unit 544.0.1.03 and Task Unit 544.01.04 are now 60 nm off the coast of Hong Kong and have already deployed their own LCM / LCVP to recover their own countries Nationals, RFA Ft Victoria landed one Merlin to the British Consulate in Hong Kong, once evacuation is complete Task Unit 544.01.03 is to Support Task Unit 544.01.01 in conducting "Freedom Of Navigation Operations", whilst Task Unit 544.01.04 is to transit to the Philippines and anchor at "Area Safe Haven".
4. The Reagan CVBG left Singarpore afew days ago and will be conducting "Freedom Of Navigation Operations" in the vicinity of the Spratley Islands.
5. the Japanese 1st Escort Squadron which includes the JS Izumo with USMC F-35's embarked will be conducting "Freedom Of Navigation Operations" in the vicinity of the Batanes Islands.
6. USS Gabrielle Gifords which at present is in the vicinity of Woody Island to conduct Recon Operations of the area.
7. The America ESG has already departed Manilla and is now in transit to Nha Trang to assist Vietnam in their fight against COVID 19.
FREEDOM OF NAVIGATION OPERATIONS WARNING AREA
1. Due to recent developments by China, United Kingdom and Coalition Forces are operating at a heightened state of readiness and taking additional defensive precautions against a Chinese threat. Consequently, all aircraft, surface vessels, and subsurface vessels approaching United Kingdom and Coalition Forces are requested to maintain radio contact on bridge-to bridge channel 16, international air distress (121.5 MHZ VHF) or military air distress (243.0 MHZ UHF).
2. United Kingdom and Coalition Forces will take appropriate measures in self defence if warranted by the circumstances. Aircraft, surface vessels, and sub surface vessels approaching United Kingdom and Coalition Forces will, by making prior contact as described above, help make their intentions clear.
3. United Kingdom and Coalition Forces, when operating in confined waters, shall remain mindful of navigational considerations of aircraft, surface vessels, and subsurface vessels in their immediate vicinity.
4. Nothing in this warning is intended to impede or otherwise interfere with the freedom of navigation or overflight of any vessel or aircraft, or to limit or expand the right of self defence of United Kingdom and Coalition Forces. This warning is published solely to advise of the heightened state of readiness of United Kingdom and Coalition Forces and to request that radio contact be maintained as outlined above.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT [ROE]
20 D Use of force, to counter force used to interfere with the mission NOT ACTIVE
10 C Use of force in individual self-defence ACTIVE
11 C Use of force in unit self-defence of Operation Freedom of Navigation units NOT ACTIVE
20 C Use of force, up to and including deadly force, to accomplish the mission NOT ACTIVE
ORDER OF BATTLE
Task Group 544.01
COMUKTG embarked in HMS Queen Elizabeth
HMS Queen Elizabeth Carrier Air Group
617 Sqn RAF - F-35B Lightning II 
207 Sqn OCU RAF - F-35B Lightning II 
VMFA-211 USMC - F-35B Lightning II 
VMM-365 Det USMC - MV-22B Osprey 
820 Sqn FAA - Merlin ASaC.1 
820 Sqn FAA - Merlin HM.2 
845 Sqn FAA - Merlin HC.4 
815 Sqn FAA - Widcat HMA.2 
847 Sqn FAA - Wildcat AH.1 
Task Unit 544.01.01
HMS Queen Elizabeth - [CVA]
HMS Diamond - [DDG]
USS The Sullivans - [DDG]
HNLMS Evertsen - [FFG]
HMS Northumberland - [FFG]
RFA Tideforce - [AOR]
Task Unit 544.01.02
HMS Defender - [DDG]
HMAS Perth - [FFG]
HMNZS Te Kaha - [FFG]
HMAS Sirius - [AO]
Task Unit 544.01.03
HMS Kent - [FFG]
RFA Fort Victoria - [AE]
Task Unit 544.01.04
HMCS Ottawa - [FFG]
HMAS Toowoomba [FFG]
JS Shimakaze - [DDG]
JS Osumi - [LST]
HMAS Choules [LSD(A)]
HMNZS Canerbury - [AFS]
MS Asterix - [AUX]
Task Element 544.01.01
HMS Audacious- [SSGN]
Carrier Strike Group 5
USS R. Reagan - [CVN]
USS Antietam - [CG]
USS John S. McCain - [DDG]
USS McCampbell - [DDG]
USS Barry - [DDG]
USNS Walter S. Diehi - [T-AO]
Expeditionary Strike Group 7
USS America - [LHA]
USS New Oleans - [LPD]
USS Germantown - [LSD]
USS Curtis Wilbur - [DDG]
USS Benfold - [DDG]
1st Escort Squadron
JS Izumo - [DDH]
JS Maya - [DDG]
JS Murasame - [DD]
JS Ikazuchi - [DD]
JS Towada - [AOE]
USS Topeka - [SSN]
USS Gabrielle Giffords - [LCS]
Brunei International Airport
12 Sqn RAF - Typhoon FGR.4 
77 Sqn RAAF - F/A-18B Hornet 
6 Sqn RAAF - EA-18G Growler 
2 Sqn RAAF - E-737 Wedgetail 
11 Sqn RAAF - P-8A Poseidon 
33 Sqn RAAF - KC-30A MRTT 
120 Sqn RAF - P-8A Poseidon 
10 Sqn RAF - Voyager KC.3 MRTT 
51 Sqn RAF - Airseeker RC-135W Rivet Joint 
95th RS USAF - RC-135W Rivet Joint 
44th FS USAF - F-15C Eagle 
Guam Air Force Base
5th RS USAF - U-2S 
11th BS USAF - B-52H Strato-Fortress 
COMMAND & CONTROL
COMUKTG embarked in HMS Queen Elizabeth
Road Runner - Restricted transmission on all sensors
< Message edited by .Sirius -- 3/15/2021 5:52:28 PM >
Paul aka Sirius
Cold War Data Base 1946-1979 Author
Old radar men never die - Their echoes fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law