Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Recon question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Recon question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recon question - 5/20/2018 8:02:54 PM   
Tecmeister

I have a Reaper-ER Block 5 with Gorgon Stare Increment 2 loadout. Loitering over a target airfield at 12,000 feet, when I attempt a cruise missle attack, the game tells me the last recon of the target was 6+ hours ago. A little help? am I doing something wrong?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Recon question - 5/21/2018 4:59:12 AM   
NimrodX

I've noticed this problem too. It seems like "Spotted hosted units" in Contact Report never gets updated.

I don't know if its related but the exception log shows these:

quote:

5/21/2018 12:57:55 AM -- B998.9 -- Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
Exception: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Stack Trace: at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Command.MainForm.(Collection`1 , Graphics )
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 200384, Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

5/21/2018 12:57:59 AM -- B998.9 -- Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Stack Trace: at ˆ.„.()
Call Stack & Error details:
Error at 200410, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Anyway, maybe if the hosted aircraft were destroyed then you just never get an update to say the hosted units were destroyed or no longer present?

If I load this saved game in the scenario editor and switch to "gods eye view" then there appear to be no aircraft at this airport (Fiery Cross Reef) anymore, but in game you see the little triangle icon and the old contact report that suggests some might still be there. It's the same whether in unit or group view. All aircraft are gone, but recon never gets the contact report updated.

< Message edited by NimrodX -- 5/21/2018 5:07:24 AM >

(in reply to Tecmeister)
Post #: 2
RE: Recon question - 5/21/2018 11:51:39 AM   
wild_Willie2

Manually dropping targets used to fix this problem, but since a few patches ago this now only works incidentally.
You can still try though, nothing to loose by doing this.

W.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to NimrodX)
Post #: 3
RE: Recon question - 6/2/2018 11:55:07 AM   
Tecmeister

If you load the attachment and look at some of the mainland airfields in God's Eye, there are still aircraft present. On Fiery Cross Reef, even though there are no aircraft (all destroyed) you still don't get a damage assessment.

I think this is a bug that needs looking into.

My 2 cents...

Tecmeister

(in reply to Tecmeister)
Post #: 4
RE: Recon question - 6/2/2018 6:28:21 PM   
TyphoonFr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tecmeister

If you load the attachment and look at some of the mainland airfields in God's Eye, there are still aircraft present. On Fiery Cross Reef, even though there are no aircraft (all destroyed) you still don't get a damage assessment.

I think this is a bug that needs looking into.

My 2 cents...

Tecmeister

The symbol of the black triangle on a yellow square would appear when a hosted unit is spotted but never disappears when an installation is auto-detectable. Even after dropping the contact.

You must be in view 'UNIT VIEW' (v / PgUp / Num 9) to see the BDAs of the grouped facilities.
Some air base installations (Runways, Space Tarmac, Open parking, Helipad, Weather Shelter ...) can not completely destroy.
They can take up to 99.9% damage, but never disappear. These installations are automatically repaired over time.(Light damage=1 to 19%damage / Medium damge=20 to 49%damage /Heavy damage= 50 to 99.9%damage)
When open facilities are damaged (Tarmac space, open parking), planes parked there are usually destroyed.

The last time aircraft were seen there is more than 6 hours (6h47,6h14 and 6:15), since they are not there:
be destroyed,
whether in flight or moved elsewhere,
either your none of your unit can update this information.
But as you have a UAV flying over the area, either they are destroyed or they are elsewhere.

Attachment (1)

Christophe

To all English teachers of the forum, sorry if English is not my mother language.

(in reply to Tecmeister)
Post #: 5
RE: Recon question - 6/2/2018 6:32:28 PM   
TyphoonFr

quote:

ORIGINAL: wild_Willie2

Manually dropping targets used to fix this problem, but since a few patches ago this now only works incidentally.
You can still try though, nothing to loose by doing this.

W.

This does not come from the patch but from the scenario design
The symbol of the black triangle on a yellow square would appear when a lodged units are spotted but would not disappear when an installation is auto-detectable. Even after dropping the contact.

You can do the test, in the scenario editor:
go to the Chinese side, in Unit View,
select all the air base installations
De-activated auto detectable facilities (Editor> Units action> Units is auto-detectable)
Go back to US side, select the installations of the base in view "Unit view" and drop the contacts (Drop Contact).

When your UAV updates all information, the symbol of the black triangle on a yellow square will only appear if a hosted unit is located and the old report contacts have disappeared.

Christophe

To all English teachers of the forum, sorry if English is not my mother language.

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 6
RE: Recon question - 6/3/2018 6:51:16 PM   
Tecmeister

First of all, I want to thank everyone for their feedback, it truly is appreciated. But, I think you're missing the point. I have a very high quality recon asset loitering over an airfield at low altitude. The loadout are IR and EO sensors, so day or night, I should have real time status and BDA. Whether the planes were destroyed or moved, it should reflect in the game that there isn't any visible on that tarmac or runway access point. This is where I think there is a bug needing attention.

Yes, I know I can go into Unit View and see the BDA. When I attempt to launch a cruise missle attack on the site, the game tells me (with the Reaper/Gorgon Stare overhead) that the site was last recon'd 9 hours ago. Again, another bug (my opinion) that needs attention.

TyphoonFr: I will try your test, but it seems like a lot more than should be necessary to get updated recon info from the game.

Tecmeister

(in reply to TyphoonFr)
Post #: 7
RE: Recon question - 6/4/2018 6:27:21 AM   
NimrodX

I agree with you, this is clearly a bug.

(in reply to Tecmeister)
Post #: 8
RE: Recon question - 7/24/2018 9:31:55 AM   
wild_Willie2

BUMP.
Want to bring this issue to the attention of the devs as this is quite a game stopper.

In vinum illic est sapientia , in matera illic est vires , in aqua illic es bacteria.

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is strength, in water there are bacteria.

(in reply to NimrodX)
Post #: 9
RE: Recon question - 7/24/2018 8:05:24 PM   
Uzabit

Well, I have no problems launching cruise missiles on the target site... The black triangle on a yellow square disappear after dropping the contacts on my computer.

(in reply to wild_Willie2)
Post #: 10
RE: Recon question - 7/24/2018 9:07:05 PM   
Lowlaner2012

I updated the scenario to the latest DB, the triangle doesnt go away when I drop contact but I can launch cruise missles at the airbase...

(in reply to Uzabit)
Post #: 11
RE: Recon question - 9/20/2018 12:58:52 PM   
wild_Willie2

BUMP

(in reply to Lowlaner2012)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Recon question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI