Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Electric submarine behavior.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Electric submarine behavior. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Electric submarine behavior. - 3/11/2015 7:48:09 AM   
Dide

Hi, I don't know if it's already been reported but all electric sub only work with batteries, also at periscopic
depht or surface. When the batteries are exhausted they recharge with engines diesel then return in electric mode.
Is a desired behavior? (v1.07 build 678)

Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/11/2015 9:42:30 AM   
Maromak

This behavior has been through a number of changes before finally reverting to an earlier model on the basis of forum comments.

*grabs popcorn*

Certa Cito

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 2
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/11/2015 9:43:51 AM   
Dide

Thanks!

(in reply to Maromak)
Post #: 3
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/12/2015 3:39:02 PM   
zaytsev

"take some popcorns"

Just thanks?

There is indeed "some" discussion 'bout ssk & aip , snorkeling etc.

But!, it just doesn't work , eg. miss Danjo Wall . Jap's sub's Takashio , data-submarine-id : 10 & 15
have diesel and electric data-propulsion-id: 85 & 86

... aaaand , yes, it just doesn't switch to diesels after depletion of battery.. can change course , tho :grin:
but it is good as sitting duck. .. maybe if you force enemy to step on you :grin:
Look at it form the bright side... the stealthiest sub in a world , you just need to tow it to the target :grin:
Enough jokes.

I cant figure out where is the problem in database, probably not... maybe in code , imho.

Dunno guys, devs, maybe you should give us back snorkeling, ha? Please ;)

Cheers.

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 4
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/12/2015 4:38:01 PM   
Dide

+1

(in reply to zaytsev)
Post #: 5
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/12/2015 5:31:59 PM   
thewood1

There have been multiple threads on this over the last few months. The devs have switched the logic back and forth several times. There are two kind of competing groups of players complaining about opposing ways to solve this. I suggest going back and looking at some of those threads before telling the devs how to fix it.

(in reply to Dide)
Post #: 6
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/13/2015 12:15:18 AM   
mikmykWS

Hi Guys,

We are going to revert so that it charges when at the proper depth regardless because so many have an issue with this. This delta was made due to a player request concerning sound signatures when snorkeling.

Currently if under AI control (mission) the AI will always come to depth and charges when it needs to. Obviously behavior in transit is different then when inside the patrol box. Threats are always avoided.

If under manual control its your fault because you've chosen to manually drive the sub. If you run out of juice please do come to periscope and/or surface and let it do its thing. This won't happen automatically but when its hit the threshold which if you're out means it will recharge. the future fix will change this in that it will always recharge instead of the 30 percent threshold.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 7
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/13/2015 2:30:26 AM   
Dide

GREAT!!!, thanks Mike.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/13/2015 7:13:50 AM   
squeezer

My understanding is that the problem is caused by sub's skippers staying a bit too much on a caution side. If a sub runs happily on the empty ocean, it works great - runs on battery and charge if needed (at 30% threshold). Problem shows up when it's aware of of a presence of other ships - even if they are identified as a neutral ones. In that case sub prefers to lay dead in the water than snorkel in their presence.
What could be done is to add another threshold, let's say 10% or whatever and force sub to _always_ snorkel while under this threshold, no matter is someone's close or not. This should allow to maintain current, more realistic, behavior and ensure that sub won't run out of juice even if in crowded area.

Not that I care whether they snorkel or not, removing current behavior altogether is just fine, but maybe you'll find my idea easy enough to implement and worthwhile.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 9
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/13/2015 9:48:58 AM   
jarraya

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Hi Guys,

We are going to revert so that it charges when at the proper depth regardless because so many have an issue with this. This delta was made due to a player request concerning sound signatures when snorkeling.

Currently if under AI control (mission) the AI will always come to depth and charges when it needs to. Obviously behavior in transit is different then when inside the patrol box. Threats are always avoided.

If under manual control its your fault because you've chosen to manually drive the sub. If you run out of juice please do come to periscope and/or surface and let it do its thing. This won't happen automatically but when its hit the threshold which if you're out means it will recharge. the future fix will change this in that it will always recharge instead of the 30 percent threshold.

Mike,
Perhaps an option is to add a depth to the sub interface - "charge" or something like that?
Maybe too complicated.
J

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/13/2015 10:15:29 AM   
Marder

Yeah, make it optional, enabled by default!

(in reply to jarraya)
Post #: 11
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/27/2015 11:49:08 PM   
AlexGGGG

I now happen to have a sub which will not recharge at all. It has ample diesel fuel, empty battery, and will not move even if on the surface. It was underwater, ran out of battery, and said like "trying alternative propulsion"; however, diesel did not start underwater and probably the it was flagged as "alternative propulsion unavailable". Attached is the save file just in case. Sub S02 Rorqual.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marder)
Post #: 12
RE: Electric submarine behavior. - 3/28/2015 12:00:55 AM   
mikmykWS

Looks like a db issue. Sorry that happened Alex but thanks for reporting. Added to our list.

Mike

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Electric submarine behavior. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI