This page gives detailed information about Gift Cards and how they work.
Gift Cards are available at a number of values from $10 all the way up to $500. Although the prices are in $, anyone in the world can purchase and use a Gift Card. On the checkout pages you can select which currency you want to work in and everything will automatically convert for you.
Some facts about Gift Cards
- Gift Cards do not apply to shipping charges. These are charged separately by the fulfillment service and at this stage we are unable to include them.
- VAT or sales tax is charged at the time of purchase of the Gift Card. No VAT or sales tax is charged when redeeming the balance.
- Gift Cards can be used to purchase any game on the www.matrixgames.com site, whether it is boxed or digital download.
- Gift Cards cannot be exchanged for cash and cannot be used on any other site. They may only be used on www.matrixgames.com.
- When redeeming your Gift Card, if the shopping cart is greater than the Gift Cards remaining balance, you can top it up with an additional payment.
- If the Gift Card has a greater balance than the value of the items in the shopping cart, any remaining balance, rounded down to the full $ values, is carried forwards. A new Gift Card gets created with the new balance.
- Gift Cards are a form of discount coupon. Only one discount coupon can be used in any single transaction. This means you cannot use a Gift Card in combination with any other Gift Card or any other discount coupon.
- When purchasing a Gift Card you can enter a personal message.
- When purchasing a Gift Card you will shown a printable version of the Gift Card with your personalized message and you will also be mailed a link to this printable version. These can be printed out so that you have something physical to give in a card rather than just sending it by e-mail. There are also a number of options on how to send the Gift e-mail to the recipient.
- Your Gift Card code will look something like this: gift_xxxx-xxxx-xxxx_#. The x represents a lower case letter or number. Note we do not use the letters O,I,L to avoid confusion with numbers. The # is how many times the Gift Card has been used. When you first receive it this will be 0. After its first use, the gift coupon value will adjust and the _0 will change to _1. It is important to remember your code changes after use. You will be notified of your new code when purchasing and in the confirmation mail.
- Gift Cards are valid for 1 year after purchase. After this time any outstanding balance will be lost.
- To redeem your Gift Card enter your code in the Coupon Code field on the checkout page and click "recalculate" to apply the coupon to your shopping cart.