Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Western Civilization Software (www.west-civ.com) along with Uwe Eickert (www.academy-games.com) are excited to announce the release of the tactical turn-based World War II game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!, which has had its roots in the award-winning current boardgame series. No effort has been spared to bring the outstanding Conflict of Heroes gameplay to the PC, Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! aims to capture the tactical wargamer’s heart!
Set on the Eastern Front during Operation Barbarossa, Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! tasks players with commanding German or Russian forces between 1941-1942, complete with a historical roster of infantry, armor and artillery units. Players will be able to command the board while using either traditional chit-style graphics or 3D units, as well as either a flexible 3D camera view or top-down 2D view.
Wargamers will have to rely on realistic military tactics to win not only against the AI but also against human players using the in-game multiplayer server complete with a forum for matchmaking and a real-time chat lobby. Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! is loaded with scenarios, ten from original board game in “Awakening the Bear Firefights”, as well as 16 new scenarios along with a very flexible “point-buy” scenario on “Partisan Road”. Players will have a multitude of firefight to keep themselves busy, as well as a scenario and map editor to create more!
The full feature list of Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! include:
- Official adaptation of the multiple award-winning board game Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear!
- Full 3D Graphics as well as board game-style Chit graphics. Supports a flexible 3D camera view or top down 2D camera view.
- Fun: Quick-paced simultaneous play allows both players to interact with no waiting.
- Fast: Scenarios vary in length from only 1/2 hour to 2-3 hours.
- Easy: Teach a new player how to play in ten minutes! Full in-game tutorials included as well as a full color printed manual.
- Historically Accurate: Learn the unique tactics and logistics used by each historical faction.
- Challenging: Realistic military tactics are required to win.
- Full AI: Play any scenario against the computer when a human opponent is unavailable
- Multi-player: TCP/IP Multiplayer support with game lobby and forum for internet play (requires one open port) as well as LAN play support
- Awakening the Bear Firefights: Ten Scenarios faithfully adapted from the original board game
- Commanding Heights Firefights: Five new scenarios set in the Kerch Peninsula in 1942
- Frontier Firefights: Eleven new scenarios set across the Eastern Front in 1941-1942
- Point Buy Firefight: "Partisan Road", a flexible and replayable point-buy scenario
- Full Scenario Editor: Create and share new scenarios using any of the "Awakening the Bear!" units
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.