The free community-based expansion is deploying to the front!
Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) and Matrix Games are thrilled to announce that the MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander – Europe at War Grand Strategy 2.0 expansion is now available for PC and Mac. (Atomic Games Mirror, WorthPlaying Mirror) This expansion was created by the community for the community and is completely free to anyone who has MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War!
The announcement of release also comes with a second brochure detailing the many features and improvements coming in the 2.0 version of the Grand Strategy expansion. And if you haven’t already, have a look at the first feature brochure as well!
This expansion has taken years to produce and thousands of man hours from a dedicated collection of people from artists to programmers, manual writers and layout experts. The end result takes this great game to a whole new level. Some of the biggest changes are listed here:
- Airborne divisions and para-drops
- Cross platform multiplayer support for PC vs Mac
- German SS and Soviet Guards Elite Units
- Amphibious landings against defended coastal hexes
Geo-political elements, which include:
- French armistice (which the axis may accept or reject)
- Early Italian entry if insufficient allied naval presence in the Med
- Tension in the Balkans
- Spanish activation as axis or allied minor ally
- Turkeyactivation as axis or allied minor ally
- Finnish armistice
- Romanian and Bulgaria surrender and activation as allied minor ally
- Consequences for allied aggression (e.g., UK invasion of Ireland).
- Canadian, Australian, Polish and Indian Commonwealth units and leaders
- Headquarter units
- More and greater variability of leadership ranging from Army Groups (Fronts), Armies and Corps
- Ferry crossings
- Ability to swap positions of two units of the same service type (i.e., ground, air or naval).
- Reinforcement of sub groups at sea
- Leased air bases (Azores, Iceland, Greenland)
- Maltanaval and air bases factor into the interdiction and counter-interdiction of axis supply of North Africa
- Allied Interdiction of Swedish Iron Ore to German
- Scripted construction of Atlantic Wall Fortresses
- Many more improvements - too many to list to here!
Get more information on the MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander – Europe at War Grand Strategy 2.0 expansionand download it fromits official product page and be sure to check out first and second feature brochures!