Slitherine's New War Front is Open
Slitherine and Matrix Games officially announce a brand new add-on for award winning turn-based strategy game Battlefield Academy at Spiel 2010, the most visited games show in Europe.
After taking the wargaming market by storm with its revolutionary fast paced gameplay system, Battlefield Academy is back with this amazing add-on pack. Players will be able to take command of German forces and lead them to the conquest of Paris.
May 1940. Following the invasion of Poland, Germany opens the western front and invades France. It’s the Blitzkrieg, a new and dangerous form of warfare based on speed and aggression using concentrated mechanized forces to pierce the enemy lines and encircle them.
With 9 single player missions and 4 multiplayer missions, 25 new units and a host of additional features, Blitzkrieg France takes Battlefield Academy to a new level.
Blitzkrieg France is and add on for Battlefield Academy and requires Battlefield Academy to be played.
Battlefield Academy Blitzkrieg France will be available from both Slitherine and Matrix Games stores in November.
- 25 New Units & 28 modified units with new camouflage patterns and stats to represent the war in 1940:
- Panzer II German Light Tank, Sturmpanzer German SP Gun, French Infantry, French LMG, Matilda I British Light Tank, Renault FT17 French Light Tank, Char Bis French Heavy Tank, R35 French Medium Tank, Somua 35 French Heavy Tank, French 25mm AT Gun, French Lorry, French Mortar, French Engineer, French Hotchkiss MG, Corps Francs, British Boyes AT Rifle, Sau 40 French SP Gun, Sdkfz 251/10/4 German Halftrack, Berliet VPH Mobile AA, French Scout, Lorraine 38 APC, Panzerjager I, German Panzerbusche AT Rifle, Panhard P178 French Armoured Car, Schneider P16 French Armoured Car
- 9 Single Player Missions
- 4 Multiplayer Missions
- New Abilities & Bonus
- Rally – an officer bonus that allows you to boost morale of a single squad
- Resupply – an officer bonus that allows you to replenish a units ammo
- German Heinkel 111 Airstrike
- French Breugot 693 Airstrike
- New Bunker Objects
Inspired by an original online game concept devised by the BBC © BBC 2004, Battlefield Academy uses the BBC logo under licence from BBC commercial licensing. It does not relate to any current BBC programming.
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.