It’s jump time! This is Close Combat - You are in Command!
Matrix Games, Black Hand Studios, and Strategy 3 Tactics are proud to announce the release of Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem! A remake of the revered Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far, Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem brings gamers all the appeal of the classic Close Combat series with plenty of new features, enhancements, improvements, and more!
Last Stand Arnhem has been greeted with plenty of buzz by World War II tactical fans and old veterans of the series alike. Check out the video AAR, teaser trailer, and The Wargamer’s developer feature to see what gamers are talking about!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “I fondly remember Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far because it really let the Close Combat game system shine. Last Stand Arnhem does a great job of capturing that same intense action but with so many more features and improvements. Anyone who enjoyed the original Close Combat games should most certainly take a look at Last Stand Arnhem!”
Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem is a highly enhanced new release of Close Combat, using the latest Close Combat engine with many additional improvements. Its design is based on the critically acclaimed Close Combat – A Bridge Too Far, originally developed by Atomic Games, as well as the more recent Close Combat: The Longest Day. This is the most ambitious and most improved of the new Close Combat releases, but along with all the enhancements it retains the same addicting tactical action found in the original titles!
As the Allies, you will carry out the world’s largest airborne operation, Operation Market Garden, to cross the Rhine and bring a swift end to the war or, as the Germans, use a hastily organized set of defense forces to prevent the Allies from reaching their ultimate goal, Arnhem Bridge. Close Combat – Last Stand Arnhem comes with expanded force pools, reserve & static battlegroups, a troop point buying system, ferry and assault crossings, destructible bridges, static forces and much more! Also included in this rebuild are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign!
- Expanded strat layer with new strat map image as well as 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps.
- Comes with all new 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign.
- Many new game features including troop point buying system, destructible bridges, ferry and assault river crossings, night-time battles, flare effects, and more!
- A point buying system - each battle group and parent formation has a limited pool of points to be spent to ‘buy’ teams from the Force Pool.
- Bridge demolition and repair.
- Assault river crossings and ferry river crossings.
- Front line and Reserve Battlegroups
- Improved Battlegroup management – ability to stack battle groups, ability to merge battle groups, ability for one battlegroup to lend teams to another, ability for battlegroups to move through each other on the strat map.
- Static troops – a small number of teams associated with a specific map – will defend the map even if no battlegroup is present.