New images are smashing into enemy lines for this revamp of a classic game
Matrix Games and Strategic Studies Group (www.ssg.com.au) are pleased to release the first pack of screenshots for their upcoming turn-based WWII strategy game, Across the Dnepr: Second Edition. The new images display some of the strategic and epic confrontations you can expect from the improved and expanded new edition of Across the Dnepr, which expands on the successful Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets engine.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “We are elated to be close to release for another SSG title that is sure to be a hit with wargamers around the world. Veterans of the war and strategy game genre, Strategic Studies Group has amassed an incredible list of accolades and awards and a reputation for quality gameplay with few equals, so each new release is a reason to get excited!”
Can the Blitzkrieg be stopped?
July 1941: Four mighty German armies have smashed through the Soviet frontier defences, and are aimed directly at Moscow. Before Moscow can fall, Smolensk must be taken. The Red Army, recovering from the initial onslaught and reinforced by Stalin has been ordered to counterattack the unsuspecting Germans. This massive collision of forces produces a maelstrom of men and machines. For the Germans, delay at Smolensk equals defeat at Moscow. For the Red Army, no price is too high to pay.
Across the Dnepr: Second Edition revisits a classic on a new system. Created from the ground up as an expansion for SSG’s latest acclaimed game engine, Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets, the Second Edition of Across the Dnepr includes Areas of Operations, the latest AI programming and multiple Mystery Variants to keep gamers guessing. The Across the Dnepr: Second Edition package also includes three free scenarios, Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd, also released with the latest update to Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets. Running on a proven wargaming engine hailed as “a real strategy heavyweight” by critics, these new and recharged scenarios illustrate just what can be done with the powerful editing tools included in SSG’s new series.
- Huge new 20 day campaign based on the classic Across the Dnepr campaign from a previous award winning SSG title
- Includes 3 free scenarios in addition to the Across the Dnepr mega-scenario: Operation Husky, Operation Konrad and Kirovograd
- Improved AI
- Multiple scenario variants to keep gamers guessing - choose to fight a scenario historically or choose to randomize the variants to keep things unpredictable!
- User Interface refinements to further improve on the time-tested and acclaimed SSG game system
- A new (and brutal) unit is now available, Russian NKVD, which can be used to prevent other units from retreating!
- Across the Dnepr: Second Edition is an expansion and requires Kharkov: Disaster on the Donets in order to play.
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.