The addicting PC version of the popular tabletop system is now available for purchase!
Matrix Games and Slitherine Strategies (www.slitherine.com) are thrilled to announce that Field of Glory is now available for purchase at Matrix Games.
Based on Slitherine’s popular tabletop wargaming system by the same name, Field of Glory now comes to the PC in a faithful adaptation of this acclaimed miniatures wargame! Without the calculations and measurements required for a tabletop game of Field of Glory, the PC version accurately represents ancient combat where you make the important and fun decisions on the battlefield.
Field of Glory has already just been reviewed by GameSquad, which awarded it a 9/10 (Superb) rating and said: "Accurate; great unit graphics; accessible mechanics; fine multi-play; versatile editor."
To mark the release of Field of Glory through Matrix Games, there are also two new tutorial videos also available to give gamers a feel for how intuitive and easy-to-use this great game system is. The videos cover creating your own scenarios with the powerful scenario builder and setting up a multiplayer game which shows off not only the great interface, but also the number of scenarios available.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Whether you’re moving miniatures around the kitchen table by hand or letting your computer do all the hard work for you, Field of Glory is a solid system that’s a ton of fun. Field of Glory translates very well to PC and the design prowess of Slitherine really shines here as it take little time to learn to play but there is a great depth of strategy to master. ”
Command mighty armies and claim victory on the Field of Glory!
March mighty legions across famous ancient battlegrounds from Zama in North Africa to the battles of Boudicca’s revolt in Britain. Later releases will expand to new periods and new areas of the ancient and medieval world. Field of Glory sports an easy to use interface with a focus on having fun in ancient combat. Field of Glory also includes a map-maker and scenario-creator which are just as easy to command as your soldiers are on the battlefield, as well as excellent multi-player support.
- Game play that allows key decisions to decide the results of historical battles.
- Detailed and accurate depiction of ancient warfare (combat mechanics, leaders, morale).
- Single and 2 player head to head modes as well with an internet based multi-player system.
- 18 battles of varying size.
- Play as Achaean League, Carthage, Caledonians, Gaul, Germanic Tribes, Macedonians, Spartacus Slave Revolt, Romans or even Romans vs. Romans at Pharsalus.
- Comprehensive scenario builder is included.
- There are graphics for 11 different terrain types with western European and arid settings.
- 141 different battle group types with the system with almost limitless ability to modify their individual behavior in the game.