A vastly improved sequel now available for purchase - and it’s a FREE upgrade for WW2: Road to Victory owners!
Matrix Games and Wastelands Interactive (www.wastelands-interactive.com) are pleased to announce the release of WW2: Time of Wrath! This massively improved sequel to the grand strategy game WW2: Road to Victory comes with deep turn-based grand strategy gameplay, including the ability to play any of the minor countries as well as fully modeled land, air and naval combat, research, production and logistics. Additionally, owners of WW2: Road to Victory can upgrade to Time of Wrath and enjoy all the new features and benefits completely FREE of charge! Owners of WW2: Road to Victory should check the WW2: Time of Wrath forum and the Matrix Games’ Members Club for more information on the free upgrade offer.
To kick off the launch of WW2: Time of Wrath, a veritable barrage of media and art is also available including a wallpaper, sample unit reference cards, splash screens, and tons of unit models! Be sure to check them out!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “WW2: Road to Victory has enjoyed a strong and positive community response, so we’re very happy to see this exciting new game system progress. WW2: Time of Wrath is a massive improvement over its predecessor and anyone who was interested in Road to Victory should definitely check Time of Wrath! In cooperation with Wastelands Interactive, we’re also pleased to offer WW2: Time of Wrath as a free upgrade to WW2: Road to Victory owners as a thank you to them for supporting this series.”
From the front lines in France and Russia to the deserts of North Africa and the airfields and convoys of Britain, the campaigns of World War II are yours to command in WW2: Time of Wrath! This turn-based grand strategy title, the highly improved and expanded sequel to WW2: Road to Victory, puts the player in charge of the political, economic and military decisions of one or more Axis or Allied nations, including minor nations. A diplomacy system based on political points allows you to sway possible allies to your side. An upgraded and expanded naval combat system includes fleet engagements, combat patrols, massive aircraft carriers, elusive raiders and U-Boats as well as a convoy system.
Concentrate precious industrial resources on building, training and upgrading a wide variety of combat units from airborne soldiers and armored divisions up to nuclear weapons! Historical leaders enhance the performance of your armies and hundreds of historical events like the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Lend-Lease and more give you choices that can change the course of history. WW2: Time of Wrath is fought across turns that vary in length by season and 25 km hexes with divisions and corps, giving the player a broad strategic picture of the war while still leaving enough room for operational decisions.
- Four Grand Campaigns (1939, 1940, 1941 and 1944) cover the full war in the European Theater, lasting up to 1948 for maximum flexibility
- Two Scenarios (Fall Weiss and Overlord)
- Simple and intuitive user interface with engrossing historical gameplay
- Hundreds of historical events such as Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact, Vienna Dictate, Lend-Lease, and many more.
- Play as any nation and as any combination of countries to experience the war through a unique perspective.
- Air and Land Combat, including Sieges, Interceptions, Strategic Bombardment, Air Recon, Fleet Air attacks, Bombardment.
- Enhanced naval system that includes Aircraft Carriers, Battle, Patrol and Submarine Groups. Managing fleets, convoys and raiders in Sea Zones.
- Air forces now extend their power over nearby sea zones.
- Advanced weather system simulates spring and autumn / rainfall and snow. Beware of General Winter! Weather conditions have a different effect on each country.
- Any combination of move and attack is allowed as long as Action Points are available.
- Technological race in research of new more powerful units.
- Mulberry harbors now available as a helpful and powerful tool in preparation for huge landing operations.
- Paratroopers conduct airborne landings help to take distant key point locations.
- Fully historical, detailed orders of battle in all scenarios with historical names for hundreds of land, air and naval units.
- Land units divided are into Divisional and Corps size allowing the player to choose what best fits his economy and play style.
- Historical commanders boost the effectiveness of units under their care.
- Improved A.I. to perform better at the strategic and tactical level.
- An innovative naval combat model and realistic supply convoy attack system
- A simple yet immersive political point system for diplomatic relations – alienate enemies and solidify ties with allies
- A healthy variety of combat units to command from armored and airborne forces to strategic bombers and battleships – even nukes!
- Random historical events that can guide and shape the course of the war