The remake of this timeless classic has stormed the beaches and is headed to gamers!
Matrix Games and Strategy 3 Tactics are thrilled to announce the release of Close Combat: The Longest Day, their remake of the acclaimed Close Combat: Invasion Normandy! This highly anticipated re-release brings the same immersive tactical action as its predecessor but with greatly expanded features and loads of improvements, including a full grand campaign that connects all the airborne landings and all the beach landings.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “The team of dedicated Close Combat fans at Strategy 3 Tactics have done it once again with Close Combat – The Longest Day. I’m convinced that newcomers to the tactical real time genre and long time fans of the Close Combat series will find a lot to enjoy in The Longest Day.”
Close Combat - The Longest Day is a highly enhanced rebuild of the critically acclaimed Close Combat Invasion Normandy, originally developed by Atomic Games. Take command of either the Allied Expeditionary Force or Germany’s Wehrmacht. You will either carry out the world’s largest amphibious invasion to liberate Europe from Nazi occupation or defend Hitler’s Atlantic Wall!
Close Combat – The Longest Day comes with expanded force pools, support for much larger maps, night battles with simulated flare effects, and more! Also included in this rebuild is are 60+ battles, operations and campaigns including a new enhanced Grand Campaign as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign available for download!
For a detailed preview of the new features in Close Combat – The Longest Day, look here.
For a detailed After Action Report from Close Combat – The Longest Day, look here.
- Comes with all new 60+ battles, operations and campaigns.
- Expanded strat layer with new strat map image as well as 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps. That's an additional 21 tactical map slots over the original game!
- Extended ForcePool list to display 25 of 25 available units as opposed to the 20 that stock CC5 displayed.
- New reports at the end of battle showing campaign cohesion and VL control – track your progress after each bout.
- New enhanced Grand Campaign as well as "classic" CC5 style Grand Campaign.
- Display of battlegroup cohesion and fatigue status.
- Game now accepts maps up to 4800x4800 pixels as compared to the stock CC5 map size of 3600x3600 pixels.
- Off-board or off-map support quantities now tied to difficulty level.
- Improved graphical communication of strat map connections.
- Tweaked User Interface graphics, with nearly all new planes, vehicles and map graphics. Also includes carefully crafted game play manual
- Capable of simulating airborne battlegroup deployment drop zones.