The sequel to Birth of America now available for purchase at Matrix Games
Matrix Games and AGEOD (www.ageod.com) are thrilled to announce that the new release Birth of America 2: Wars in America, is now available for purchase at the Matrix Games Store! This grand strategy sequel to the popular Birth of America covers warfare in North America from the Pequot War in 1636 through full campaigns on the French and Indian War, Revolutionary War and War of 1812 all the way to the Battle of New Orleans in 1815. Wars in America is a new game and comes with a sizeable list of new features and innovations as well as a large scenario list.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Birth of America was very well received by critics and strategy fans alike. The sequel to this fantastic gaming system comes loaded with new features and expanded possibilities making Birth of America 2: Wars in America a must-have for American Revolutionary War buffs and turn-based grand strategy fans alike.”
Birth of America 2: Wars in America is the much expanded reprise of veteran developer AGEOD’s acclaimed first release, which allows players to command either side of the conflicts before, during and after the American War for Independence between 1636 and 1815. Apart from the engaging turn-based strategy play that has been expanded and vastly improved over the original, Birth of America 2: Wars in America includes major new features like an improved and expanded map including the Mississippi River, new European off-map boxes (France, Great Britain, Spain, Holland) and more.
Birth of America 2: Wars in America also comes packed with over 100 new leaders and units, new orders, new abilities, several new scenarios and full campaigns including Fallen Timbers (1791-1794), Great Lakes (1813), New Orleans (1815), and new Political, Economic and Diplomatic options!
- A new replay feature that allows the player to review any turn that they’ve played for in-depth After Action Reports or to track progress in detail!
- New cohesion system (based on AGEOD’s American Civil War and Napoleon’s Campaigns model) which has a large and more realistic impact on combat.
- Brand new concept of Engagement Points, allowing options for armaments purchases, political, economic and diplomatic options.
- An improved and expanded map including the Mississippi River, new European off-map boxes (France, GB, Spain, Holland) and more.
- New orders (e.g. spiking the guns, surrender with the Honour of War, remove leader, distant unload from ships).
- New updated rules (e.g. combat, Indians, minutemen, blockade, privateers, naval transport, German mercenaries, etc...)
- A challenging Foreign Entry competition system which will allow players to struggle in the race for the French Intervention.
- Over a hundred new leaders and units.
- Several new scenarios including Fallen Timbers (1791-1794), Great Lakes (1813), New Orleans (1815), and full campaigns on the French and Indian War, Revolutionary War and War of 1812
- Improved AI
Click thumbnails for full-size images and captions.