Survive the Dark Ages and Conquer Europe at the head of an army or a barbarian horde!Matrix Games and AGEOD (www.ageod.com) are proud to announce the addition of the classic strategy game of survival, advancement and conquest in the Dark Ages, Great Invasions, to the Matrix Games catalog! Now players can take command of one or more nations during the Dark Ages and try to survive and succeed in any way they see fit!
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said “Great Invasions includes so many civilizations and unlimited ways to conquer them! That versatility coupled with an easy user interface and proven gameplay makes for hours of fun as you build an empire second to none. We’re pleased to bring this classic title to our customers at a bargain price.”
Are you a Roman Emperor or a Tribal Chieftain – or both? Do you dream of conquering Europe at the head of a trained and proper army or of a barbarian horde? With Great Invasions, anything is possible!
Take command of several of almost 80 playable nations throughout 700 years of history starting in 350 AD, and lead each of your historical nations from birth through growth, stability and decline. It will not be easy to expand or, indeed, survive across the centuries - but master the arts of diplomacy, war, economics, and administration and there will be no limit to your ambitions!
Skillful rule and the right stratagems will supply and strengthen your armies and maintain control over your provinces… and always keep a watchful eye on your neighbors! Arrange marriages, hire mercenaries, conduct sieges, trade resources and build up your economy. The major religions also play a role in Great Invasions, as they have great influence among populations. Church quarrels, missionary expeditions, the appearance of a troublesome saint, holy wars and more can all plague even the most robust plan for empire!
- Choose from several different scenarios, all with different political, diplomatic, and economic climates making for a completely different game experience with each one
- Tons of historical detail to make Great Invasions accurate and fun including 150 historical events and over 3700 key figures found during the game's time period
- Almost 80 playable nations and several extra non playable nations
- Lead a series of nations through 700 years of history10 major religious denominations and almost two dozens heresies to rock your empire with unrest
- Military leaders with attributes and talents that can command 20 different types of land units and 6 types of naval units