The first update for this smash hit of a strategy title is now prepped and ready to deploy
Matrix Games and Tri Synergy (www.trisynergy.com) are pleased to announce the release of the first update for the acclaimed turn-based/real time strategy blend, UFO: Extraterrestrials. The update file is eliminates a number of gameplay issues and adds some convenient new features.
- There is an increase of the selling price for most equipment the player can manufacture or capture.
- Autosaving is now possible before each mission and the start of every month.
- UFO: Extraterrestrials can now be played in more resolutions (1024x768 and higher)
- Windowed mode is now supported.
- Tactical mode is animated smoother and is greatly enhanced by a variety of useful new hotkeys and available settings (like movement speed for units or scrolling speed).
- Extensive hotkey support for both real time and tactical modes.
UFO: Extraterrestrials is a futuristic real-time/turn-based strategy blend set on the fictional planet of Esperanza in 2025. Having made a bloody first contact with a strange form of life from another planet, the player is thrust into the tough position of leading the defense of this isolated planet against the never-ending assault of these hostile invaders. To accomplish this, the player will have at their disposal squads of soldiers, light and heavy support combat vehicles, robots and air units located in bases throughout the Esperanza.
Only through controlling the skies with intense real-time fighter-to-fighter combat and utilizing tactical-level factors like terrain and cover will the player win fierce battles and, eventually, the war against the immutable malevolence that is this alien onslaught!