A dozen digital goodies are battle-ready and reporting for duty!
Matrix Games (www.matrixgames.com) and Strategic Studies Group (www.ssg.com.au) are excited to release a pack of a dozen images for their new World War II strategy game, Battlefront. In this new screenshot pack, players will find six screenshots detailing the in-depth scenario editor which has been designed from the ground up to give players maximum flexibility in their ability to design custom scenarios. The other half of the images illustrates the various immersive operational, strategic, and statistical features of the game which make Battlefront as exhaustive as it is addicting.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said, “These screenshots offer just a small sample of the enormous gameplay features that come with Battlefront. It’s no surprise with a company like Strategy Studies Group behind a title of this scope and approach that Battlefront has been met with acclaim by grognards and strategy fans alike. These screenshots are just another good example among many as to why Battlefront is in the forefront of the World War II strategy genre.”
Battlefront is a new World War II battalion-level combat game based on the design philosophy of the popular Decisive Battles of World War II series. In Battlefront, gamers will have the opportunity to wage historic operations like
Some features of Battlefront include:
- Advanced strategic AI enables a more flexible response to fast changing battlefields
- Steamlined user interface simplifies unit information
- Command and control system that rewards correct employment of military assets
- Close combat routines have special attack modes such as Banzai, Surprise, and Infiltration
- Indirect Fire from artillery and air assets can directly attack enemy units
- Direct fire from AFVs can attack enemy units at range
- Counter-battery fire can eliminate enemy artillery
- Eliminated units can be rebuilt as cadres and returned to battle
- Sighting, command, supply and danger zone rules encourage sensible use of artillery
- Complete Unit, Map and AI editor allows users to create scenarios from scratch