The Release of a Revolutionary Game...
Matrix Games announced today that Crown of Glory by Western Civilization Software (www.west-civ.com) has been released for sale and is available from the Matrix Games online store for $39.99 as a digital download and $49.99 as a boxed game. Additionally Crown of Glory is making its debut at the Origins Gaming Convention (www.originsgames.com) in
On the year of the 200th anniversary of Trafalgar and
David Heath, Director of Operations for Matrix Games said, “Crown of Glory brings Napoleonic strategy gaming to a new level. Combining strategy and tactics in one design along with detailed models for diplomacy, trade and economics truly set this title apart from the crowd and the beautiful graphics are the icing on the cake. Matrix Games is proud to have worked with Western Civilization Software to bring such an enjoyable and rich strategy game to the many game-starved fans of the Napoleonic era. If you have any interest in the Napoleonic era, Crown of Glory is not to be missed!”
Crown of Glory is divided into two segments of play, a month by month strategic mode where you control the production, troop movements, diplomatic missions, and development decisions of your country, and a tactical or quick battle mode, with turns consisting of twenty minute intervals to decide the outcome of major battles. Crown of Glory covers both land and naval warfare. Armies and Navies feature a variety of realistic units, each with distinct advantages and disadvantages.
The robust economic, trade and diplomatic systems allow for a wide variety of strategies beyond the production of military units. You will interact with 90 minor powers spanning over 200 different provinces, creating treaties, trade agreements, and convincing them to join your side as protectorates. Use money and social influence to gain control where force is unwise or unnecessary. Develop or plunder to boost the glory of your homeland. Glory may be fleeting, but obscurity lasts forever!
List of Features
- Europe and
- More than 200 provinces, 8 Major Nations, 90 Minor Powers
- Monthly Strategic Turns, 20 Minute Tactical Turns
- Military, Diplomatic, Economic and Social Decisions
- Quick Resolution of Battles or Detailed Resolution of Battles
- Detailed Combat supports Historical Leaders, Unit Morale, Diverse Unit Types, Command and Control, Weather, Smoke, Reinforcements, and more!
- Economics include Resource Types, Economic Parameters, Banks and Loans, Food and Population Growth, Reinforcement Pool, Trade Routes, Merchant and Colonial Income
- Naval and Land Combat, including Sieges, Interceptions, Fleet Combat, Port Attacks and Blockades
- National Morale
- Computer Opponent for Major and Minor Nations
- Diplomacy includes Treaties, Secret Treaties, Declarations of War, Cease Fires, Limited Surrender, Total War, and Historical Great Diplomats with special abilities
- Weather, Logistics, Fog of War, Special Events
- Full Multiplayer Support via internet, LAN, serial/parallel connection or hotseat
- Standard Campaign from 1805 – 1815 as well as a variety of starting scenarios to expand or contract the timeline and allow more options over technology and upgrades