Includes Tutorial and Full Battle Of The Bulge Scenario Matrix Games and Strategic Studies Group (www.ssg.com.au) are pleased to announce that a demo version of the Battles In Normandy award-winning wargame is now available for download. Based on the latest version of Battles In Normandy, the demo includes both a tutorial on the game and a full “Ardennes Offensive” scenario, also known as the Battle of the Bulge. To download the demo, please click on the Games link in the top navigation bar, choose the Battles In Normandy page and click "Get Demo".
Battles In Normandy is the latest wargame in the award-winning Decisive Battles series from Strategic Studies Group, which includes The
Battles In Normandy is based on the design and engine that propelled Korsun Pocket to several outstanding “Wargame of the Year” reviews and awards in 2003. Battles In Normandy has itself now earned many similar accolades from reviewers, editor and wargamers alike, including Wargame of the Year 2004 from Computer Gaming World and 5 Stars from Computer Games Magazine.
- New game engine with improved user interface
- New AI system
- New user friendly game and map editor
- Multiple resolution support
- Special rules for Amphibious and Airborne operations
- Carpet Bombing
- Naval Bombardment
- Mulberries (Artificial Harbors)
- Bridge building, minefield and strongpoint creation
- New supply rules
- New rules for anti-aircraft and anti-partisan operations
- New options for hidden units
- New rules for extended movement and refitting units
- Extensive Rollover Help function
- Auto email and security functions for PBEM games
- Extensive Tournament and Handicapping options for PBEM games
- Evolved Units can change their characteristics mid-game
To download the demo, please click on the Games link in the top navigation bar, choose the Battles In Normandy page and click "Get Demo".