Version 1.01 of Battles In Normandy comes with significant improvements Matrix Games and Strategic Studies Group (www.ssg.com.au) are pleased to announce that the updated version 1.01 of Battles In Normandy has been released. This update includes many fixes as well as significant improvements to a number of features and can be downloaded from the Matrix Games Members Area & Downloads page.
Battles In Normandy is the new wargame in the award-winning Decisive Battles series from Strategic Studies Group, which includes The Ardennes Offensive, Korsun Pocket and Across the Dnepr. Including a number of enhancements and scenarios for the full Normandy campaign, Battles In Normandy brings wargamers back to the western front with historical scenarios including two monster campaigns, and eight smaller historical scenarios. A full scenario editor is included and additional free scenarios are available online at www.ssg.com.au.
The 1.01 update includes improvements to the AI enemies, providing four levels of opponents to provide a challenge for all levels of play. Additionally, a number of hotkeys have been added to make playing faster and more dynamic. Lastly, the update includes a number of fixes, addressing all outstanding bug reports and improving security. Once again, the update and the game are both available from Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
Battles In Normandy is based on the design and engine that propelled Korsun Pocket to several outstanding “Wargame of the Year” reviews and awards in 2003. Battles In Normandy features a new Decisive Battles game engine with a host of special new rules for amphibious and airborne operations, plus a huge number of other enhancements.
- New game engine with improved user interface
- New AI system
- New user friendly game and map editor
- Multiple resolution support
- Special rules for Amphibious and Airborne operations
- Carpet Bombing
- Naval Bombardment
- Mulberries (Artificial Harbors)
- Bridge building, minefield and strongpoint creation
- New supply rules
- New rules for anti-aircraft and anti-partisan operations
- New options for hidden units
- New rules for extended movement and refitting units
- Extensive Rollover Help function
- Auto email and security functions for PBEM games
- Extensive Tournament and Handicapping options for PBEM games
- Evolved Units can change their characteristics mid-game