Help PBEM Dutch Verdun Scenario

John Tiller's Campaign Series exemplifies tactical war-gaming at its finest by bringing you the entire collection of TalonSoft's award-winning campaign series. Containing TalonSoft's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun platoon-level combat series, as well as all of the official add-ons and expansion packs, the Matrix Edition allows players to dictate the events of World War II from the tumultuous beginning to its climatic conclusion. We are working together with original programmer John Tiller to bring you this updated edition.

Moderators: Jason Petho, Peter Fisla, asiaticus, dogovich

mglshark

Help PBEM Dutch Verdun Scenario

Post by mglshark »

Per the instructions "Dynamic Visibilty instructions for Westfront scenario A Dutch Verdun
After the Dutch player has finished playing turn 10 (by pressing the end turn button). He
should open the .bte file with Notepad
11 lines beneath the scenario title is this line with the following digits:
0 4 5 These should be changed into 1 4 5. The first digit in this line is the night indicator. So
as the first night comes visibility changes from 4 to 1.
After the Dutch player has finished turn 15 the same line should be changed back to 0 4 5 as
the sun rose on the 13 th of May."

Done and no change to visibility! Night is still day - Any ideas???

Thanks -

Marc
Scud

Re: Help PBEM Dutch Verdun Scenario

Post by Scud »

If you're expecting the graphics to change, I don't believe it works that way. The visibility, however, should change. Try the binocular button and see how far your units can see. I'm guessing it's just the adjacent hex.

Dave
CS and CSx2 Forum Moderator at The Blitz
mglshark

Post by mglshark »

No the visibility is the same. Thanks for trying.
Hoplite1963

Post by Hoplite1963 »

I thought that the scenario designer could set the visibility to change at a vien part of the game and indeed as many times as is required to cover multi day battles ?

Return to “John Tiller's Campaign Series”