Steam v non-steam

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
kneecaps

Steam v non-steam

Post by kneecaps »

There is a $20 price difference in Steams favor, I generally like to get Matrix titles in the 'old fashioned' way...is there any big reason not to go with Steam , not philosophically, but technically, mod support? saving problems / importing scenarios that kind of thing.
Lobster

Re: Steam v non-steam

Post by Lobster »

There's not really much difference unless you're a first time purchaser. Then it's easier to get all of the updates installed. The only other advantage I can see would be portability. You can play TOAW on any computer that has Steam installed. I don't know if there are any scenarios available in the Steam Workshop that can't be had without Steam.

I guess in the greater scheme of things there's no difference between the two technically.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
kneecaps

Post by kneecaps »

Lobster wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:43 am There's not really much difference unless you're a first time purchaser. Then it's easier to get all of the updates installed. The only other advantage I can see would be portability. You can play TOAW on any computer that has Steam installed. I don't know if there are any scenarios available in the Steam Workshop that can't be had without Steam.

I guess in the greater scheme of things there's no difference between the two technically.
Thank you, so it's not possible to install scenarios in the traditional way? They have to come via the workshop if you have the Steam version?
nepos2

Post by nepos2 »

Hello,

It works the same way, scenarios are just put in the steam folder instead.

Regards,
Henrik

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”