Leader movement issue

Victory and Glory: Napoleon is a game of grand strategy and fast-play tactical battles where you take the role of Napoleon Bonaparte and attempt to dominate the entire continent of Europe.
116Pz

Leader movement issue

Post by 116Pz »

I purchased this game recently. I’m enjoying it so much because it’s very fast-paced and event card system is really interesting. Especially I love land battle system! It’s exciting.
However, I have one question.

I think leader movement is so slow that it’s far from reality as many has mentioned here for years. I know you’ve made some improvement on this issue by reducing restricts about Leader’s land/sea movement limit through past updates. But leaders still can move only one area per one turn(2 months!).

Can you tell me why this issue has not be solved yet ? I’m often annoyed by taking more than one year to call Davout back to Central Europe after he captured St.Petersburg,etc….. Please fix this issue at next update!!
mercenarius

Re: Leader movement issue

Post by mercenarius »

Are we talking about leaders moving by themselves? Or moving with their armies? I assume that you mean the first case.
James Warshawsky
Forced March Games, LLC
116Pz

Post by 116Pz »

See a comment below. I think I read a few comments like this, but I can’t find them this time.

RE: First impressions/suggestions
Report Quote
Post by EdinHouston » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:00 pm

I had a few comments and suggestions I wanted to piggyback onto this thread. I just finished the 1805 campaign and won a 100VP victory on the normal difficulty level. I am an experienced Hannibal player so there wasn't a huge learning curve. Many of my comments are building on other player comments I have read in this forum.

1. Leader movement and movement in friendly territory - it is WAY too slow. I think leaders without troops should be able to move 3 regions, and armies in friendly territory should be able to move 2. Or else there should be a lot more 'strategic movement' event cards. I mean, in game terms, it takes 6-8 months to move from the north of France to the south. Really?
116Pz

Post by 116Pz »

Of course I mean "leaders moving by themselves".
Admiral Delabroglio

Post by Admiral Delabroglio »

Hear, Hear

Enabling armies in friendly territory to move 2 zones without expanding a card if they do not get into combat, and leaders 3 zones would be great.
Admiral Delabroglio

Return to “Victory and Glory: Napoleon”