How to set the option such if the HQ is destroyed. All units are frozen for one turn

The sequel of the legendary wargame with a complete graphics and interface overhaul, major new gameplay and design features such as full naval combat modelling, improved supply handling, numerous increases to scenario parameters to better support large scenarios, and integrated PBEM++.
Mafei

How to set the option such if the HQ is destroyed. All units are frozen for one turn

Post by Mafei »

Hi,

I am doing a creating a small map with only one HQ. However, I noticed that once the HQ is destroyed. The units are not frozen like other scenario. Can you please help?

Thank you
Ray
Lobster

Re: How to set the option such if the HQ is destroyed. All units are frozen for one turn

Post by Lobster »

You could put the HQ in it's own formation.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
rhinobones

Re: How to set the option such if the HQ is destroyed. All units are frozen for one turn

Post by rhinobones »

Mafei wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:49 am I am doing a creating a small map with only one HQ. However, I noticed that once the HQ is destroyed. The units are not frozen like other scenario. Can you please help?

Do your HQ units have any "Command Group" troops? The effect on the formation may not be that the HQ has been eliminated, but that the Command Group within the HQ are killed. Check the manual for Command Group and get a firm understanding of their importance and function.

Regards, RhinoBones
Colin Wright:
Pre Combat Air Strikes # 64 . . . I need have no concern about keeping it civil

Post by broccolini » Sun Nov 06, 2022
. . . no-one needs apologize for douchebags acting like douchebags
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Could also use a Unit Destroyed Event, and when that Unit is Destroyed that could trigger all Formations to go into Garrison Mode. Next Turn you would have to return Formations to other Orders.
76mm

Post by 76mm »

sPzAbt653 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:25 pm Could also use a Unit Destroyed Event, and when that Unit is Destroyed that could trigger all Formations to go into Garrison Mode. Next Turn you would have to return Formations to other Orders.
This. But I guess there are several other ways, all with subtle differences. Or he could use a Unit Destroyed event to trigger a Shock effect, which, depending in its severity, would effect both movement and combat ability. Or you could reduce supply to the extent that movement is affected. Or you could change the Movement Bias.

You would need to experiment with these various options to see which one most closely matched the desired effect.

Return to “The Operational Art of War IV”