Installed some beautiful mods yesterday

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

MarkShot

Installed some beautiful mods yesterday

Post by MarkShot »

4 mods, but I could only keep two.

A beautiful map mod and a non-NATO unit mod.

But the red borders conflicted with the much improved map.

But the colored org size conflicted with the non-NATO icons at max zoon.

I started in systems when punched cards were still in use. I was already in management when Web sites became the thing. I wish I had some graphic skills as I would love to see the above combined.

PS: I had thought NATO was fine, but the images are so much more immersive. No, I do not want PDS half mile tall animated soldiers. Symbolic counters was the perfect balance without going arcade.

Thank you, modders!
2021 - Resigned in writing as a 20+ year Matrix Beta and never looked back ...
Zovs

Re: Installed some beautiful mods yesterday

Post by Zovs »

Mark,

Which mods are you using?

I thin you have to start a scenario new to see the map changes (at least in WITE2 you do).

Here is the mods I am using and I have not see any red:

Max zoom out 5 and mods:

Max zoom out 4:

Max zoom out 3:

Max zoom in 2:

Max zoom in 1:
Beta Tester for: War in the East 1 & 2, WarPlan & WarPlan Pacific, Valor & Victory, Flashpoint Campaigns: Sudden Storm, Computer War In Europe 2
SPWW2 & SPMBT scenario creator
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Zovs,

I understand. I watched the save dialogue and the hex art is actually (strangely) part of the save. So, you have to chose before you are picking the scenario.

But with that said, some things conflict. Although I think you probably could get red lines and a new map, by applying the boarder after the map. As for the colored XX, XXX, XXXX ... I think he is doing the whole counter, but again it could be sequencing.

As I wrote you separately, I mainly went back to the stock art. For example, stylized icons are more immersive than NATO, but the stock counters are higher contrast between sides. I ultimately concluded that when taken as a whole, the game's art is appealing and functional.
MarkShot

Post by MarkShot »

Oh, for the art, you were using, the bulge just didn't look believable like thick snow. I grew up in the North East. Snow up to your chest does not look like that. It looked like a light dusting you might see down South.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”