No tank armies for the Russians

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Riddle

No tank armies for the Russians

Post by Riddle »

It is now Sept. 1944 and I have no tank units at all. I have the headquarters for them but not the tank units. I'm fighting t as the Russians. The Germans have their panzer divisions and I have not one Russian tank unit. What am I doing wrong?
I need some help with this. I can not find the answer in the manual. Could you contact me through my Email.
randycarolfields@msn.com
Thank you,
Randy
Denniss

Re: No tank armies for the Russians

Post by Denniss »

see manual section 18.1.2 - you have to built these units on your own. This is possible in urban city hexes.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Thank you for the fast reply. I will give this a shot.

Thanks again
Randy
Riddle

Post by Riddle »

Dennis, I found out that 18.1.2 is Air Directives. Is building of tanks in the Air Directives section. if it is there, then I missed it. I think the interface should be a little easier to use. It could be more straight forward. Or it should be automatic. No tanks no power to brake through the lines. I have been playing these games since 1970 and the interface for building units in War in the East is a little confusing. By the way I used the build interface and it does not work for me.

Lost and Confused
Randy
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

del
Last edited by malyhin1517 on Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry, i use an online translator :(
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

Riddle wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:45 pm Dennis, I found out that 18.1.2 is Air Directives. Is building of tanks in the Air Directives section. if it is there, then I missed it. I think the interface should be a little easier to use. It could be more straight forward. Or it should be automatic. No tanks no power to brake through the lines. I have been playing these games since 1970 and the interface for building units in War in the East is a little confusing. By the way I used the build interface and it does not work for me.

Lost and Confused
Randy
He was referring to the original manual which states 18.1.2. CREATING NEW SOVIET COMBAT AND HEADQUARTERS UNITS.

In the unofficial manual it's 18.1.4. Creating New Soviet Combat and Headquarters Units. Aols 12.2.3. Admin Costs for Creating New Soviet Units and 26.2. Appendix B: List of Creatable Soviet Units, page 208 which states HQ Tank Armies can be created between 7/42 - 9/45.

Not sure whats difficult about it. Select a hex on or adjacent to a Soviet urban area, then select the Build New Unit (hotkey Shift-b) button on the Map Information tool bar. Pick the HQ or air unit. Three clicks, not difficult.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”