distance measuring

Combat Mission Black Sea is a military grade simulation depicting a fictional series of escalations between Russian and Ukraine which results in open conflict in the summer of 2017
MausMan2

distance measuring

Post by MausMan2 »

I've really enjoyed this one over the last year or so.
But I wish there was some map distance measuring tool both for the tactical map and action map. The only way I know how to do this in game is by giving a unit a target command and you get a measurement in meters out to some point on the map. Mabey like in RL I just need to be able to estimate distances over the terrain.
For the tactical map, I sure wish there was at least some 1 km grid overlay or something to help plan. Does anyone have any another method?
A Canadian Cat

Re: distance measuring

Post by A Canadian Cat »

That is pretty much all there is. The briefing's tactical map is a user supplied image so the scale is not always the same. To get a scale on that we would have to rely on the authors adding one to their maps. There is a grid mod for terrain you can get that gives you lines for the 8m x 8m action squares. I personally didn't think they helped any so I don's use them.
OldSarge

Post by OldSarge »

If anyone is interested a link to one grid mod is below, there is a second file that also needs to be downloaded. I think that one is for CMSF2 but it might work in CMBS. I tried it before but it conflicted with other terrain mods I was using so I had to roll it back (I use JSGME for managing the various mods).

https://cmmodsiii.greenasjade.net/?p=6087
You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5
MausMan2

Post by MausMan2 »

Thanks. I'll check-out the mod, though, right, 8m is a bit small to be really helpful for how I wanted to use it.

Return to “Combat Mission Black Sea”