Noise jamming for DECM sets (Was: Automatic evasion)

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

tiag

Re: Automatic evasion

Post by tiag »

I was waiting for the reply of Dimitri. Lets see what he replies....
EDITED: Ok, I see THAT post. No, I did not because I suggested after the voting etc. My interpretation of that feaures list is that this is a list for new features. What I am suggesting here in this topic is to correct a "bug" in the whole ECM mechanic in BVR engagements.
Dimitris

Re: Automatic evasion

Post by Dimitris »

We have not yet started working on this as we have been busy with other additions (see, for example, the "Tiny" public beta). It remains, however, something we plan to do as time permits.
tiag

Re: Noise jamming for DECM sets (Was: Automatic evasion)

Post by tiag »

Hi Dmitri,

Here I am 1 year after my first post again. Did you guys have some time to look into it? Any news on this front?
thewood1

Post by thewood1 »

Just pointing out that its eight months since the OP.

Nevermind. Missed the entire first page.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Sorry, this has been delayed together with a few other EW improvements we have in store.

We have been very busy with the preparation and release of Tiny (and CPE v2.2), and after that we've had to prioritize a series of major architectural changes/additions (you have seen some of them, and more are on the way).
tiag

Post by tiag »

That is a pity.
I was looking forward this one. I think this is perhaps among one the most important issues. This affects every engagement (A2A adn A2G) with acft carrying DECM simulated as discussed.
So, will check in 6 months again.
blu3s

Post by blu3s »

Thinking about this topic, I have a suggestion that I don't know if it was feasible or the possible drawbacks, so please sorry in advance if I say something dumb.

I was wondering if this could be simulated in a pre-missile launch phase by an CMO "dice roll". Let me explain:

you try to attack a target and if the target has a DECM Pod, there is a dice roll that takes into account the distance and technologies between the defender and the attacker. If the result is a success, you get a lock-on radar on the target and the missile can be launched. If not, one could have the option to launch the missile in BOL configuration and the own weapon get a lock via IR/Radar Seeker (if the weapon has this feature) or wait a (I don't know how many) X amount of time to try another engagement. This is basically moving the endgame of the DECM to the first phase of the engagement and removing it from the endgame weapon.

The main difference is that distance has into account of the calculation at difference of the actual endgame DECM and that DECM pods have to have a distance range, capabilities, etc of what they are capables to jam.
Dimitris

Post by Dimitris »

Thanks, this is an interesting suggestion and worth considering.

We are currently untangling some thing related to this, and we'll see if we can make it work.
tiag

Post by tiag »

If you need any additional information etc, you got me on discord too.

Return to “Tech Support”