anybody play this?

Frozen Synapse is a thrilling PC strategy game that brings the simultaneous turn-based strategy genre bang up-to-date and lets you give detailed, accurate orders to your squad. Plan your moves, test them out, then hit the "Execute" button: both you and your enemy's turns are executed simultaneously.
fortress

anybody play this?

Post by fortress »

Just noticed this game and wondered about the lack of response on the forum. The description sounds good but the screenshots are terrible--fuzzy blue screen with some red dots. Not very impressive. The reviews also sound good but those screenshots stop me from trying it. Any comments?
RooksBailey

RE: anybody play this?

Post by RooksBailey »

ORIGINAL: fortress

Just noticed this game and wondered about the lack of response on the forum. The description sounds good but the screenshots are terrible--fuzzy blue screen with some red dots. Not very impressive. The reviews also sound good but those screenshots stop me from trying it. Any comments?

I haven't played it in a few months, but when the game was new, I loved it. Multiplayer was a lot of fun - it is basically WE-GO turn based combat - and the 50 mission single player campaign was fun and challenging.
I haven't tried it yet, but they even came out with an expansion that added some new stuff. The graphics ARE very stylized - it is meant to convey a cyberpunk feel to the combat, and it largely succeeds in doing so, it just takes some getting used to.

If you want to get an idea of the gameplay, here is a vid of one of my MP matches. Mind you, this is a complete replay of all the turns stitched together,
so you are not seeing the orders phase.

http://youtu.be/JllkmCeu-A8

A typical MP game only lasts a few turns, so they are quickly resolved in a day or so. You can also play against the AI if you prefer.

Long short: I highly recommend this game. In fact, all this talking about it might get me to reinstall it! [:D]

PS: You can try a demo here: http://www.frozensynapse.com/demo.html
RooksBailey

RE: anybody play this?

Post by RooksBailey »

Just out of curiosity I re-installed and logged in to see if the MP portion was alive. While it looks like there is only 1 server now, I saw there were 51 people online. I requested a match and it found me a MP game in about two seconds. So it looks like this game is still quite alive. Just FYI on the MP. [:)][:)]

Return to “Frozen Synapse”