Peninsula? Sold!!!

The greatest historical strategy game about Napoleon's Campaigns is here!

Napoleon's Campaigns is a realistic simulation of the campaigns fought by the renowned French emperor between 1805 and 1815. In addition to reliving these landmarks of operational maneuver across Europe, the game also includes the Peninsula War (1808-1814) and even a what-if scenario where Napoleon invades England (1805).

Each scenario presents a unique and interesting challenge!
Plodder

Peninsula? Sold!!!

Post by Plodder »

Looks like I'm going to have to save some doneros....[:D]
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."
Terminus

RE: Peninsula? Sold!!!

Post by Terminus »

It's a pretty good game (re-release of an AGEOD game from a year or two back). Doesn't have a grand campaign, though.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
morganbj

Post by morganbj »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

It's a pretty good game (re-release of an AGEOD game from a year or two back). Doesn't have a grand campaign, though.
That's why I won't buy it.
Occasionally, and randomly, problems and solutions collide. The probability of these collisions is inversely related to the number of committees working on the solutions. -- Me.
Hertston

Post by Hertston »

Oddly enough it's my second favourite Ageod game (after the wonderful RuS) for that reason. Keeps the whole thing manageable to deliver an excellent 'historical' feel for the problems of each scenario without having to compromise to accommodate an inevitably un-historic grand campaign - even more so if anyone but the French were to be genuinely playable.

Never could see the point in a Nappy game as unlike the ACW, for example, historically there never was any 'grand campaign'. Unless you include a seriously in-depth political and diplomatic simulation as well it's just creating an unhistoric 'big' game for the sake of it.

Noakesy

Post by Noakesy »

ORIGINAL: Hertston
Never could see the point in a Nappy game as unlike the ACW, for example, historically there never was any 'grand campaign'. Unless you include a seriously in-depth political and diplomatic simulation as well it's just creating an unhistoric 'big' game for the sake of it.

That's an interesting point. I was thinking it's a shame there's no grand campaign, but maybe it's not necessary. However, was the naval element not more of a grand campaign?

Noakesy
Recognition

Post by Recognition »

There is about 14 individual campaign scenarios with the Peninsular Campaign, a massive 295 turns.

Napoleons Campaigns should be on every Napoleon fans hard drive Imho
https://twitter.com/WW1IEPER1917 INTEL i9-9900K @3600Ghz 3.60 GHz 48GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

rommel222

Post by rommel222 »

Greetings to All,
Took advantage of the sale and picked Napoleon's Campaigns up. What an excellent game by Ageod.
Runs great on my 5 year old laptop i5 w/8 GB memory & Intel 4200 integrated graphics chip.
altipueri

Post by altipueri »

For solo play this is better than the later Wars of Napoleon.
Most of Napoleon's wars were campaigns so you don't really need another grand strategy game covering 20 years or so - and there are several of those to choose from if that's what you want. Are you really sure that's what you want?

If you haven't got this get it now; there won't be any more new stuff coming from Ageod unfortunately.
-

ThomasJay

Post by ThomasJay »

This really is an excellent Ageod game, one of three I've installed on my new laptop, and I have all but the last two. The only downside is the Russian Campaign, how a French company got that so wrong I'll never understand. All the other campaigns more than make up for that though, the Peninsula being one of my all-time Ageod favorites.

Definitely recommend picking this one up for any Napoleonic enthusiast who doesn't already have it.
ETF

Post by ETF »

Best Napoleonic game for operationally and strategically. Scourge of War for Course for tactical :)
My Top Matrix Games 1) CMO MP?? 2) WITP/AE 3) SOW 4) Combat Mission 5) Armor Brigade

Twitter
https://twitter.com/TacticWargamer

Return to “Napoleon's Campaigns”