LCU experience

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Yaab

RE: LCU experience

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: GetAssista
ORIGINAL: Yaab
-due to the lack of field guns, the corps will not be able to bombard to raise its experience. Thus, its maximum exp can be 45 exp (national morale) without getting into assault combat.
One must be crazy to do consistent bombardment by Chinese when on the defensive - weak guns, lack of supply. And when on the offensive you will do assaults anyway

Agreed, against human player that requires some gymnastics (selecting proper units and getting them to frontlines to locations when they can "safely" shoot). Against AI though it is doable.
Yaab

RE: LCU experience

Post by Yaab »

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

If you want to, by manipulating the replacements on, off, and stockpile, you can get each Chinese infantry unit at least one gun.

I considered this too, but it goes against my plans for China (funneling the field guns/mortars into few "elite" pre-selected units). And I am seeing inconsistent experience gains for Chinese units who bomabrd with just a few guns.
Yaab

Re: LCU experience

Post by Yaab »

Thread resurrection.

Scen001v5

Just another example of a Chinese LCU being prepped 100% and not getting exp while sitting in a reconned base. The corps leaves Chungking for a non-base hex and right away the corps starts gaining exp.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”