Wish List thread

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

mullinFOAD

RE: Wish List thread

Post by mullinFOAD »

Presently, you can see the exact troop levels of the other major powers if you are at peace. I'd like to see those levels hidden with a scout check like when you are at war with them. For example, in the 1803 scenario, as France I can see that Austria has exactly 76k troops in Venetia at the start of the game since we are at peace. Then if you go to war with them those values are then hidden with the scout check. I think it'd be better if the troop levels were always an estimate.
gnmad

Post by gnmad »

i would like to see a cancel button on the strategic withdrawal screen.several times i have been given ridiculous options without being able to do anything but choose one.(the latest being after a war in central europe the only withdraw option was north africa despite home territory being only 2 provinces away.)
TR

Post by TR »

I would like to see units portrayed graphically similar to Forge of Freedom.
eglantier

Post by eglantier »

i would like to see all nations playable
eglantier

Post by eglantier »

I would like a french version too
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

I wish a txt file to let us change the range damage modifiers as we can do at Forge of Freedom.
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

I wish that at detailed battle you could chose the order of corps to be deployed.

When playing my mod I can have an army of 22U: infantry corps (6x3=18 units) and 1 cavalry corps (4 units).
Usually the computer choose which corps are deployed before reinforcements comes.
So cavalry corps are always deployed the first and some infantry arrives later as reinforcement.
I would like to choose the 3 infantry to be deployed the first.
And the cavalry corps to arrive as reinforcements.
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

I would like to have an editor to edit the range of the units and some other features that appear at the appendix manual.
jugasa77

Re: Wish List thread

Post by jugasa77 »

How about a new Crown of Glory 3 with many FoF improvements?
More csv files to mod like in FoF.

Infantry divisions (size 2) and artillery and cavalry brigades (size 1)
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

Each division could have a total of 12 battalions more similar to FoF.
Infantry: line, mixed, light, grenadiers, rifle, jager, heavy guard, light guard, jannisaries, landwehr, cossack infantry, militia, guerrilla, sappers and bridge engineers. Sappers could help to siege forts, cities and fortified units and bridge engineers could build bridges to fasten movement.
Cavalry: heavy, normal, light, lancers, cossack cavalry and irregular cavalry.
Artillery: howitzers (6 pdr), normal (8 pdr), heavy (12 pdr) and horse artillery (6 pdr).
There could be a template to change the composition of a division.

Instead of building a division (usually of 12 btns or 12.000 men) we could recruit battalions.
For example:
Line infantry division (6 line infantry, 2 light infantry, 2 normal artillery, 1 sapper, 1 engineer). 12 btns; size 4.
Mixed infantry division (4 line infantry, 4 light infantry, 2 normal artillery, 1 sapper, 1 engineer). 12 btns; size 4.
Light infantry division (8 light infantry, 2 normal artillery, 1 sapper, 1 engineer). 12 btns; size 4.
Light cavalry brigade (4 light cavalry, 2 horse artillery). Size 2.
Artillery brigade (6 heavy artillery). Size 2.

How much is a division size?
1-4: size 1;
5-7 btns: size 2;
8-10 btns: size 3;
11-13 btns: size 4;
At detailed combat could be a maximun of 24 divisions of size 4 for a maximum of 288 battalions. Also, each corps can have 6 divisions for a maximun of 72 battalions.
At brigade detailed level a division number of men is halved to get a brigade.

There could be a .csv file with movement, range and charge attributes to change.
Pistols: 1 hex.
Musket: 2 hexes.
Horse artillery: 3 hexes.
8 pdr artillery: 4 hexes.
12 pdr artillery; 6 hexes.
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

jugasa77 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:58 pm Each division could have a total of 12 battalions more similar to FoF.
I think that FoF uses regiment instead of battalions.
There will be no limit to the battalions or regiments a division can have. At Austerlitz there was a french division with 7 line infantry regiments and 1 light infantry regiments. At Waterloo there was french divisions of 2 line infantry and 2 light infantry.

Here are some templates for divisions based on regiments:
Infantry division: 3 infantry, 1 light infantry, 2 artillery (8pdr) (size 6 regiments).
Light Infantry divison: 4 light infantry, 2 artillery.
Cavalry division: 4 cavalry, 2 horse artillery (size 5 regiments).
Artillery division: 4 heavy artillery (12pdr), 2 horse artillery (6pdr).
Light Cavalry division (1815): 2 light cavalry, 2 lancers, 2 horse artillery (6pdr).
Cavalry division (1815): 2 cavalry, 2 heavy cavalry, 2 horse artillery (6pdr).
Prussian infantry (1815): 2 infantry, 2 landwehr infantry, 2 artillery (8pdr).

How about speed? It could be the media:
Infantry division: 3*12+1*14+2*12=36+14+24=74 so 74/6 regiments=12.33 movement points=12.
Light infantry division: 4*14+2*12=56+24=70 so 70/6=11.66 movement points=12.
Or it could be the less value between diferent battalions.
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

jugasa77 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:58 pm
There could be a .csv file with movement, range and charge attributes to change.
Also where you can edit the morale of a unit.
Morale 0 when the units uses the default morale of a country.
Another value when you set an special morale of a unit.
8 for guards, 3 for militia, 4 for landwehr, cossacks, etc.
yojim

Post by yojim »

jugasa77 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:11 am How about a new Crown of Glory 3 with many FoF improvements?
More csv files to mod like in FoF.

Infantry divisions (size 2) and artillery and cavalry brigades (size 1)
I think it's a good idea. I have played this game a lot, so a continuation of this game would be a miracle for me!
Astrology is a part of my life, so let me introduce myself a little. I'm a May 23 zodiac - Gemini, so I'm a romantic gamer :)
jugasa77

Post by jugasa77 »

I would like different infantry cavalry and artillery corps.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”